Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband for MMDS users

• 03-05-2006 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can as a NTL Digital MMDS user get their broadband service aswell?

I'm looking into getting a digital TV package, but I also want to get broadband.
    So the only crowd I know who offer this, is NTL. But I'm not sure if they offer broadband for their rural MMDS users.

I've submitted a query to NTL, but not heard a sausage as of yet.
    I'd rather not go with NTL, because i've hear their customer service is non existant. But not much else to go with, when you live in the sticks.

Thanks

Jason.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No !

what county are you in , there are other wireless providers out there????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

NTL were making noises about this a couple of years ago, but nothing has been heard from them on it since.
    You would think it would be simple really. While they probably cant piggback the BB on the MMDS signal for TV, they would surely just have to put the broadband hardware on the mast beside the mmds hardware and give you a new reciever for you broadband.
    Maybe licenceing is the problem thoguh. But, surely they can buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

Thanks for your replies.

I'm near Athenry, but too far away from the exchange.
    I'm looking into fixed wireless broadband from the athenry group community broadband scheme (www.athenrybroadband.com).
    But its taking some time to organise. I need to canvass neighbours to get a threshold of people interested in my local area before they come out and set us up.

SO i was just checking alternative options.

Just recvd offical reply from NTL:

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately we can only supply the Broadband service to cable customers.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 321 321 or once again e-mail us on customer.support@ntl.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

digiweb metro works in lackagh from a mast in ballybrit but no other wireless technology will reach out to athenry . If you can see the top half of that big eircom mast in mervue it may possibly maybe work where you are.

the eircom BB line test has been relaxed a tad in the past fortnight so try it again here http://www.netsource.ie/prequal.asp and see if you were tested since about 20th of april .

Advertisement