Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra / Civic / Something else?

Options
  • 03-05-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to buy my first car and looking for a mid-sized 1.4 with under 80k miles. I can go to about 5k but would be happy to keep under that if I could get a decent car for less.

From my own investigations I reckon I could pick up a 99 Astra Club (the nice shaped one) or a 97 Honda Civic Saloon. Both these cars seem to have good reliability and they seem to be able to be sold when they're past the 100k mark.

I'm leaning towards the Astra because, as well as it being newer, I reckon it's nicer looking than the Civic. I'm not the most knowledgeable about cars so I'm wondering if I'm over-looking some other good cars in this price-range?

Any recommendations/advice?

Advertisement