Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Golk IV 1.6 not running

Options
  • 03-05-2006 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

My brother owns a 1.6 02 Golf, which decided to has started giving trouble. It currently has 82000 miles. Last week it stuttered to a halt whilst driving, and wouldnt restart. He had it towed to a non-VW garage who ran a diagnostic on it, and said that the PSI in the cylinders is 300psi, as opposed to the normal 140psi. The car is running now but quite rough. I think it might be a faulty ECU, but second opinons would be welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Sounds strange - how is it generating *more* pressure than normal? I could understand it losing pressure, leaking past worn piston rings, unsealed valves or in worn cylinders, but more than normal? Are you sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

They thought initially that the engine had become fouled with carbon deposits, but they flushed everything, and put a camera into the head to no avail. Thats why I think it might be the ecu giving a false reading? Has anyone experienced this before?

Advertisement