Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEDR/Eircom DNS headaches

Options
  • 03-05-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

First of all, let me say the following:

*SIGH*

Now that I've got that out of my system, let me continue.

I'm doing a site with an existing .ie account. Eircom are the current nameserver folk I believe. I want to leave the mail server details with eircom and move the hosting details to another webhost.

No matter what changes I make on the IEDR nameserver admin page, it ****s up the mail server settings.

IEDR settings: [what do these mean] ??
    Hostname 1*
    Hostname 2*
    Hostname 3*

So the above doesnt allow me to edit properly the DNS for A and MX records. Currently I am totally ****ing confused.

So, please, Who do I need to talk to to get this sorted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd recommend talking to the hosting company or to Eircom.

If you want Eircom to handle the mail and the hosting to be pointed elsewhere it might be simpler to just get Eircom to update the A records for the domain on their end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

blacknight wrote:
    I'd recommend talking to the hosting company or to Eircom.

If you want Eircom to handle the mail and the hosting to be pointed elsewhere it might be simpler to just get Eircom to update the A records for the domain on their end

According the DNSreport.com the issue is the "Reverse DNS entries for MX records". Why would that impact "just" eircom email addresses and not anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to PM me the details of the domain I can have a look and see if anything obvious stands out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

blacknight wrote:
    If you want to PM me the details of the domain I can have a look and see if anything obvious stands out :)

Will do

Advertisement