Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java - Capturing Remote Control inputs ?

Options
  • 03-05-2006 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Microsoft remote control (the kind that comes with WinXP MediaCenter). I want to capture button presses from it in my Java application. Many of the buttons are captured by a normal KeyListener but some aren't (player controls like play/pause and red/green/yellow/blue colour buttons). Also, most of the ones that are captured just have keyCode() = 0 and keyChar() = '' so I can't determine which button was actually pressed.

I have been reading up on Xlets, HAVI, MHP, etc but it seems far too complicated and detailed for me and my purposes! Anybody know how I can manipulate KeyListener to distinguish ALL button presses or any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hi,
    Maybe have the key listener listen to all keys, then press each button in order and have you app print the key values of each button press.
    You can then use these values to assign listeners to.

Advertisement