Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 cars caught driving on hard shoulder M50..

Options
  • 03-05-2006 2:29pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭

today. I was delighted, two guys went flying by me between
    tallaght and ballymount. As they round the bend they both see a motorbike cop standing about 200 yards ahead in the hard shoulder waiting on them. One guys pulls in and stops, jumps out puts the bonnet up and pretends there is something wrong with the car! Hilarious! The other pulls back into the inside lane. He got waved in by the cop and pretty sure they both got penalty points. Cheered me right up!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Good to see a bit of enforcement! A pity there's not a lot more of it. People who use the hard shoulder annoy me. The hard shoulder is only for emergencies and not for some muppet who is late for work and/or in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

im delighted, thats always happening there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Haha, that wrecks my head - hope the cop lifted them out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

"do ya not hear it Garda? I'm sure there's a funny noise coming from the engine..." :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Best thing to do is lift the bonnet, whip out the rotor arm, and let the cop try to start the car for ya ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

spockety wrote:
    Best thing to do is lift the bonnet, whip out the rotor arm, and let the cop try to start the car for ya ;)
    Good idea - unless you've got a diesel or a petrol engine with distributorless ignition.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

crosstownk wrote:
    some muppet who is late for work and/or in a hurry.

no, he is just more imporant than us little people...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I was driving at the end of the M7 a week or two ago, and traffic was dreadful due to an earlier crash.

I reckon 20+ vehicles passed me on the hard shoulder, including L platers and a feckin' tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement