Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football trivia

• 03-05-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

J.A.C.K.C.H.A.R.L.T.O.N.

The surnames of players who played under him start with the above letters. One or two tricky ones..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

J
    Aldridge
    Cascarino
    Keane/Kelly
    Conolly
    Houghton
    A
    R
    Lawrenson (did he play under Charlton)
    Townsend
    O'Leary
    N

to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anderson...for the second A

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

R - Michael Robinson

Could do with a little hint now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

is it club management as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

J = iirc nobody with the surname begining with 'J' has ever played for Rep of Ireland (don't ask me how I remember that but I just do - must have heard this puzzle before?) so unless you're talking about his club managment we can only conclude this is a trick question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

N - it`s believed that Mick Neville was capped once but I beg to differ.

twilight_singer by your obvious lack of responce to the site for 2 days I would harbour to guess that you dont know and are off eating humble pie. If you dont know, say so :o because your causing pain amid the football trivia world :D people won`t sleep because of your actions :eek:

J - ? , N - ? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Got asked this question a few months ago and this melted my brain!! Actually cheated and looked up my Ireland vs Lativa programme from 1992! From 86 to 92 no player with N or J played under Jack Charlton. I cant remember anyone from 92 to 95. Unless they played in some mickey mouse testimonal.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Official....

There is no "J". Take a look at this website, It has a list of every game which Ireland played under big Jack including all friendlies. I also give out the team that played in each game including subs. There is no "J" in there.

I would assume that the OP got this from here, if only he had read further down the page he would have seen that there never was a "J"

Advertisement