Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla 1.6 G6R

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Didn't the run out model of the E36 316i coupe have the 1.9 litre engine from the E46 316i saloon?

Not AFAIK, but of course I could be wrong. Any BMW experts around to answer this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Not AFAIK, but of course I could be wrong. Any BMW experts around to answer this?

Maybe I was thinking of the E36 316i Compact.

bazz26 wrote:
    Maybe I was thinking of the E36 316i Compact.

Yeah, you've a point there, those '00 E36 316i Compact ones were 1.9l alright. Gets very tricky now as the '01 E46 316ti Compact were 1.8l

Where are the BMW experts to set us straight? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

damn confusing BMW, the ones i've been looking at all have 1.9 litre petrol engines, 100 quid in the difference isnt bad, so thats still an option,

I thought the 1.6 civic coupe had way more power than 105?

I must check the insurance on them cos they are indeed way nicer than the corolla, what version has the 105hp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

draffodx wrote:

I must check the insurance on them cos they are indeed way nicer than the corolla, what version has the 105hp?

The 1.6i Ls is 105bhp,theres a 1.6sr which is sohc vtec and 125bhp(and was costing me the same price to insure as the lsi) and then theres the vti which is the dohc vti 160bhp

They all had electrics and sunroof as standard but i think only some lsi's had aircon and the later ones got abs,none of them are jap imports either

• Advertisement

eireal wrote:
    and then theres the vti which is the dohc vti 160bhp

@OP, just make sure you test drive that car before you make any decisions. If you love to rev the living sh!te out of it all of the time, it deffo is for you. You'll find out during a proper test drive :)

ouch 160bhp will not go down well with the insurance company!!

I think something a bit less powerfull is the order of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

theres a 1.6sr which is sohc vtec and 125bhp
    Hi eireal,I wasnt aware that model existed? :confused:
    I knew there was the Vti 167horsepower dohc and the one i have the 1.6i Ls 105Hp non vtec, didnt know there was an inbetween. Did you have the Sr for long, did you find it to be niffty enough?

Back to the OP, i`d definitly recommend ths civic coupe. Mine is a UK import with the full uk spec, air con, e/l tilting sunroof and the centre armrest along with e/l windows, abs, etc. Mines the `99 model in black completely standard apart from nice angeleyes with blue bulbs. :D . There a sweet car.

Nuttzy wrote:
    I knew there was the Vti 167horsepower dohc and the one i have the 1.6i Ls 105Hp non vtec, didnt know there was an inbetween. Did you have the Sr for long, did you find it to be niffty enough?

Back to the OP, i`d definitly recommend ths civic coupe. Mine is a UK import with the full uk spec, air con, e/l tilting sunroof and the centre armrest along with e/l windows, abs, etc. Mines the `99 model in black completely standard apart from nice angeleyes with blue bulbs. :D . There a sweet car.

even the 105hp version you have? is it niffty enough?

Yeah, shes not bad, no ferrari but no slouch either. 60mph in 3rd no bother, i dont push it more than that in 3rd. Shes good enough for overtaking but its not real fast, dont buy one thinking your buying a fast car but has adequate power if you get me. Lets just say its no Vtec, :) .

What are you driving at the min, i went from a 1.9L diesel pug306 to the civic and its completely different. Its my first petrol and i find it a much nicer/smoother drive and the larger rev range is nice. In my old pug, everything was done between 2 and 3000 revs but thats to be expected from a diesel.

I`d try get an unmodified one if possible. I had been looking for about 3/4months for 1 and had sort of given up, and was on the verge of getting a friend who brings cars in from the uk/japan to get me a uk one, when i luckily stumbled upon the one i bought. It had 43000miles which seems genuine(you can never be 100%), as had a full mot hist with printed mileage for the various years and the lad i bought it off had his own service hist on top of the uk mot`s.. I got a mechanic to check her out aswell and he reckoned it was genuine. Its spotless.
    The lad i bought it off only had it for a year, and was selling cause they were having another kid, he had an induction kit, and rocker engine covers and m3 mirrors and all that **** in the boot that he hadnt got round to putting on the car. (Thank god) But i reckon i was lucky, it was only a mater of time before he modified it with tack and if the induction kit had of been in it i wouldnt have even foned him.

Theres a fair few unmodified ones about surprisingly, but finding your preferred colour and lowish mileage ones is the difficult bit.

Are you swaying towards the civic instead of the corolla now? :) I reckon it`d be a better car, looks nice and is niffty enough, reliability isnt an issue if you buy a decent one and sure you`d have no trouble selling it in a yr or 2 down the line when you want something bigger. They look class with subtle mods, lightly tinted and the standard vti spoiler is nice which i might add at some stage. Some spa`s are asking mad money for them though cause they know young lads can insure them relatively easyier compared to the vtec`s, so be aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Friend of mine has a mint '99 G6 1.3 for sale for €6k

Has a CD Player, Alloys, Front Fogs, All electrics etc.

PM me if you want his phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Nuttzy wrote:

I didnt get the Sr in the end due to the fact that for not much extra money i could get the vti,the only problem is finding the vti in a coupe!

There's a few Sr's for sale on carzone atm and afaik there rare enough,there nippy enough out of vtec too and anyone ive seen has been standard and unmodified.It your modification inclined theres a heap of parts available for them too.

@The op id ring and get an insurance quote on the 1.6i ls and 1.6sr and see how they fair out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Just for fans of the Oul' Corolla hatch, I have a 94' and I want it to look like this one: (see attached image)

Seen one in work yesterday, a REAL MANS car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

a mans car in what way :eek:

Just for fans of the Oul' Corolla hatch, I have a 94' and I want it to look like this one: (see attached image)

Seen one in work yesterday, a REAL MANS car. :D

Definitly not my style!!! more like a REAL BOYS car :rolleyes:

Draffodx, did you buy a civic coup in the end or what did you go for?

Advertisement