Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Patch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not only did he beat u to it.
    He also posted the link correctly :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926158

Bethesda Softworks have released a beta of the upcoming patch for oblivion.

Oblivion_v1.1BetaEnglish.exe

mirror: Oblivion_v1.1BetaEnglish.exe

The following are the release notes for the patch.
    Patch Release Notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Not only did he beat u to it.
    He also posted the link correctly :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926158

Bethesda Softworks have released a beta of the upcoming patch for oblivion.

Oblivion_v1.1BetaEnglish.exe

mirror: Oblivion_v1.1BetaEnglish.exe

The following are the release notes for the patch.
    Patch Release Notes

what the hell happened there, both links look identical. Ah well thanx again Rev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

any sign of this for the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Have they gotten consoles to that wierd half-way zone where the games can be updated? :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have people got this patch?
    Is it safe etc?

• Advertisement

I'm playing on the 360 so i don't have any patch, to be honest i'd wait til the final one is available before using it

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

I have a few small issues at the moment with crashing. But ut's still alot less than in morrowind and I was fine with that. I'll wait for the patch. By the way they do delevop patches for the 360 now and it should update automatically when you start the game with broadband connected if there's a 360 patch available.

I have a few small issues at the moment with crashing. But ut's still alot less than in morrowind and I was fine with that. I'll wait for the patch. By the way they do delevop patches for the 360 now and it should update automatically when you start the game with broadband connected if there's a 360 patch available.

Yes but the patch is in beta at the mo and they wont put a beta patch on the 360 when they don't know exactly what might happen

Vegeta wrote:
    Yes but the patch is in beta at the mo and they wont put a beta patch on the 360 when they don't know exactly what might happen

Would it not be better to test it on the lowly 360 before I risk damaging a real machine? :p

Would it not be better to test it on the lowly 360 before I risk damaging a real machine? :p

well you can fix your real machine but i am not exactly sure how patches work on the 360, can you delete them like any other media and go back to older versions of games pre patch

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:
    well you can fix your real machine but i am not exactly sure how patches work on the 360,

I suppose you're right, if something like my graphics card could be used to fry eggs I could always GO GET A BETTER ONE.
    Vegeta wrote:
    can you delete them like any other media and go back to older versions of games pre patch

Well if it works like patching the console to play the older XBox games on it then I think so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't think I could handle playing this on a console. It just would not seem right. :)

I don't think I could handle playing this on a console. It just would not seem right. :)

really discuss!

The inventory menu is way more designed towards the console

Vegeta wrote:
    really discuss!

Clearly you dont have the new inventory patch that I do. :)

I find that these types of games really need a mouse and a pc for me to enjoy them fully. MAybe that is just me. I wouldn't get a console rpg like this though.
    Much like I would not get Baldurs gate or warcraft for a console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Vegeta wrote:
    really discuss!

I feel like an inbred retard if I try to play a first person game with anything other than a mouse and keyboard.

Clearly you dont have the new inventory patch that I do. :)

I find that these types of games really need a mouse and a pc for me to enjoy them fully. MAybe that is just me. I wouldn't get a console rpg like this though.
    Much like I would not get Baldurs gate or warcraft for a console.

I do prefer the mouse and keyboard alright. Although years ago I proclaimed I'd never get the hang of them, I just like them now. Anyway I hear you could use the XBox 360 wired USB controller if you really want to.

What inventory mod have you be the way? I hear there's better out there and I havn't bothered looking too hard for them.

It's one of the mods on the wiki page I linked too above.

That site is savage, I'm going to spend eternity in there. Congrats you just failed my exams for me!!! :D

Failed them for myself too. Why oh why did I get a new laptop three weeks before my exams! :/

Because Oblivion demanded it, that helps me sleep at night (metaphoically speaking, of course I don't sleep much any more)

• Advertisement

Oblivion demands I kill all....
    /me starts teh hunt.

Oblivion demands I kill all....
    /me starts teh hunt.

That's the spirit! Kill em til they die from it and show em the colour of their insides etc. Yeargh!

Advertisement