Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drainage Issues

Options
  • 03-05-2006 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Dont know if anyone has had the same problems.......i noticed this gurgling noise coming from the downstairs loo - the water began rising and then sinking back into toilet bowl. that was 2 weeks ago and thought it would pass! Warning: dont ignore it! Came home on Sunday went to hang out the clothes - had been away for a few days and found the drain out the back (black manhole!) had overflowed all over the gravel...the smell was horrendous....hoping my neighbours were away for the bank holiday!!!
    Luckily i knew someone in the family who could come out and assist with those rod things dyno use....not pleasant. so be warned! if u here gurglin. get it investigated. now i have this horrendous stench coming up the sink. The houses are so small the drainage is likely to be closing interlinked (eg downstairs loo, sink, washing machine etc) so if one goes/is blocked it can eventually cause a backlog for the lot. Believe me, not pleasant and a nasty way to spend a bank holiday sunday!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

We had sewage back up through our downstairs toilet just after we'd returned from our honeymoon. We'd also just finished laying carpets and flooring, so you can imagine our horror to see the floor covered in faecal matter and other sanitary nasties!

We had to move out for two weeks to let the house dry out, get cleaned and fixed up again.

I don't know who your developer is, but you should really be looking to have them foot the bill for the work at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

I know there was heavy rain last night.Had anyone trouble with their gardens I had about 2 feet of water at the bottom this morning also I parked in the underground in superquinn last night bout 8 there was water and sewage gushing up from the manholes there jesus what a stink I thought flood water and sewage systems were supposed to be seperate I said it to the manager in superquinn he said hed talk to cbre who are the management company.Looks like the drainage system in charlesland is one massive mess even if one exists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

if you have a good view of the bay you can see the greystones sewage flowing across the bay...
    you can see it from my balcony...
    just thought i would let you all know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

.Had anyone trouble with their gardens I had about 2 feet of water at the bottom this morning

I know this is off topic but my garden may as well be covered in plastic because it takes hours for any water to drain away and the grass is really patchy. Are all the gardens like this? Has anyone tried turning the soil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

foxy06 wrote:
    .Had anyone trouble with their gardens I had about 2 feet of water at the bottom this morning

I know this is off topic but my garden may as well be covered in plastic because it takes hours for any water to drain away and the grass is really patchy. Are all the gardens like this? Has anyone tried turning the soil?

we moved in last Jan and had the same problem. we actually took up the paving slaps down to the shed and extended the patio! we put down more grass in May and it took however the drainage down by the shed is bad looked out the window during the summer and the dog had a paddling pool by the shed are only choice was to to use a fork and it drained away but it was hard work!!! We did try to plant a tree down the end of the garden and gave up because all it was all rock with 2 inches of muck! the ground is compacted so there is no drainage! I heard that some people in the grove had to get the builders back in to put drainage in but if you live in a terrace like we do it would mean them going through the house with gear etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

foxy06 wrote:

We're hoping to address all these issues at our next Grove/Park res. committee meeting i.e. next week and I'll be proposing we go door to door perhaps next weekend with a survey to see exactly what people are having problems with and what they feel about other local issues. How does that sound??

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Good Idea Marcais. I think Everyone will want to express an opinion about it especially those who have had their gardens flooded several times.;)

Advertisement