Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting a business

Options
  • 03-05-2006 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted before, but its almost official. I'm going to start my own business. Nothing flashy, just consutlancy etc.

does anyone know of a good guide that will tell me about all the tax, registration issues I would need to think about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭conor_mc

As good a start as any..... covers the basics well, not sure how up-to-date it is though as it's been a few years since I read it.

http://www.startingabusinessinireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

www.revenue.ie - tax registeration
    www.cro.ie - business name/company Registration
    www.oasis.gov.ie - FAQ's
    www.basis.ie - department of trade and enterprise back website, providing links and info to the above sites as well.
    www.companyformations.ie - company formations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 businessAdvisor

Hi have started 5 businesses and helped several friends set up new businesses in the last few years, the sites mentioned above are fairly helpful but i have always found them quite general (trying to be all things to all people)

my advice if your registering a company and you have a shoe string budget DIY the company registration it takes about an hour to complete all the forms ( down load docs from www.cro.ie ) you will need A1
    you will also need memorandum and articles of assoication (can be bougth from any legal stationers ( think there is a place in bolton street that do them about €3 from memory)

then register for vat simple form see revenue.ie also registers you for PRSI

once you have that done you are ready to trade!!!

if you need a hand businessadvisor@oceanfree.net

best of luck with the venture its a long road but a rewarding one!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

excellent, thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Kelter wrote:
    just consutlancy etc.

Can I ask what kind of consultancy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

I'm a bit of an energy geek, so energy

Advertisement