Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plans for DX *spoiler*

• 03-05-2006 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Well, potential spoiler but this is from PWInsider's Dave Scherer:
    On the Canadian Viewer's Choice website, in a promo for the June Vengeance PPV, it states the following:

"DX, the degenerates that started the Attitude Era, will reunite at Vengeance * Are You Ready? Don't miss a minute of the live action as RAW presents WWE's Vengeance, Sunday, June 25th at 8pm ET/5pm PT, live and only on Pay-Per-View. A World Wrestling Entertainment Production. Go to wwe.com for more details. See It All On Viewers Choice!"

While I don't know for sure that this means DX will be reformed at or by this show, I do know that there has been a lot of talk of doing so internally, as evidenced by Shawn Michaels and Triple H's actions on recent TV. I also know that this wouldn't be the first time that someone in WWE marketing released something before they were supposed to. In addition to that, Triple H is now said to be receptive to turning babyface.

They have been teasing a reformation so I guess it is going to happen after all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

Even though it'll never be the same, I'd still like to see it happen..... I was on the edge of my seat watching HBK & Trip stare each other down on Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It'll be interesting to see how it will play out. The ECW ppv is two weeks before that, so it's likely that RVD could be champ come Vengeance. Don't know if that will have anything to do with DX though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Well i guess there no law against having the greatest stable ever come back, i'll like to see how they'll work this time since it was HBK who was the show stopper! the icon! the main event! but this time round HHH would be bigger than HBK. but i couldn't see HBK be backup to HHH. Also two ppl is nothing more than a tag team. Wonder who the third (or fourth) member(s) will be?

They'll probably come together though Mr Mcmahon storywise. Since HBK is having problems with mcmahon and HHH seems to be getting on his bad side as of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

yeah i can definitely see them team up to take on evil mr mcmahon, and i think micheals can still be mischevious enough to pull off a DX reunion, his faith won't restrict him too much.
    to be honest a few months ago i would have said that this move was a step back for Triple H.
    but i'm far more receptive to it now, i think he'll benefit from being out of the title picture for a short while, it'll keep his character fresh, plus i'm enjoying cenas run a little more letely, i think i actually like him just to spite the ridiculous amount of haters, i wouldn't be a fan of his reign as champ but a lot of people seem to hate him just for the sake of hating him(michaels was brilliant at the backlash press conference, said it all) i think some of the crowd hate him just to have something to say, after all anyone who knows anything about the business know that it's not his call to hold the strap, that's a decision made much higher up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Could be a very good thing and could help elevate a few of the other suprstars, (Carlito and Charlie Hass spring to mind as possbile DX members). If it's done right could be very good but the standard of the creative team would have you worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Stalfos wrote:
    Well i guess there no law against having the greatest stable ever come back

The greatest stable ever is the original NWO - not the WCW ripped off version mind you :)

I was just thinkin there about who else might join them. The only person I can think of that could fit right in with the whole DX thing would be Matt Hardy. There was some talk of Super Crazy moving to Raw too, maybe he would

But I really hope to **** it's CM Punk! How fitting would it be to have him with HHH and HBK?!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    The greatest stable ever is the original NWO - not the WCW ripped off version mind you :)
    i'd be very ignorant of non-WWF, just down to not having anything else on tv what do you mean not the wcw version, was there an NWO before WCW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Im sure he means the crap that was in WWE, which was a joke, and tarnished the name of the NWO something huge.
    Fozzy wrote:
    But I really hope to **** it's CM Punk! How fitting would it be to have him with HHH and HBK?!

Not sure this will happen, as HHH and HBK are not said to be too high on him.

To be honest, I dont see DX reforming being a good thing. Stables are good for pushing new talent, or indeed midcarders. HHH and HBK are beyond established at this point, so what good would it do them. Not to mention, if DX does happen, people will be whinging within weeks again that WWE are rehashing storylines and coming up with anything new.

The Spirit Squad are the best stable seen in quite a while, in so far as it is an incredibly unique idea. Only problem i see is how long they can stay heel, as they are gathering momentum on a weekly basis, and the boos arent as heavy already. Add the fact that they are all very accomplished wrestlers, the fans could start cheering them soon. This has possibly been seen by creative alreasy, by aligning them with McMahon to get them some back heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moses_ulrich

• Advertisement

I already read it reported that 2 WWE sources have confirmed that the DX reformation was the original plan. They'll probably stick with it now that the preview has been changed

If Punk were in DX, I think it would just be great because in all probability he'd outshine his two biggest critics in WWE. I'd say ECW's the route for the Punker though

gimmick wrote:
    Stables are good for pushing new talent, or indeed midcarders. HHH and HBK are beyond established at this point, so what good would it do them.
    the only thing i can think of there though is the four horsemen, not really a developmental stable at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

lol theyll probably put carlito in dx or somethin.

nwo were good but it got to a point where they just had everyone in it. very crappy.

i enjoyed the dx thing way more.

No link, but apparrently PWINSIDER elite section is reporting X Pac has signed a WWE deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Great. That little prick is all they need

Yeah, why not put kevin nash in there as well? That would help even more. ;)
    Can't see X-pac back in WWE as a face. He'd be booed out of the building the second he stepped into the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

whys that? why did he leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

WOOoooo.. X-Pac! X-Pac!!

He shouldn't be boo'ed if they stick him back in DX. it was that X-Factor stable that ruined him. pfft... Albert..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

You Screwed Chyna! (clap clap clap clap clap)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

new age outlaws: tna
    x-pac: god only knows.
    chyna: hanging with anna nicole smith.
    rick rude: dead.

it just won't be the same.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't want it the same though. What's the point in doing something again the exact same way? DX should be used to give younger guys a chance to get over

I'm beginning to think that not only are they going to reform DX, but also a type of Corporation.

This was one of the better storylines of the Attitude era, and as Vince seems to be on TV to stay for a while, I cant see him shy away from this oppurtunity.

I see Cena siding with Vince, as a heel turn for him pretty much has to happen, and what better way to get fully over as a heel, than side with the boss?

HBK and HHH re-aligning and forming DX is almost a certainty at this point, and with Xpac having reportedly resigned, we have 3 of the best DX members back straight away.

I could have it very wrong, but wouldnt be surprised if this were to come to pass.

After Raw last night,
    I wouldn't be that surprised to see Foley and Edge align with Vince if that were the case either

I read it reported on NoDQ.com that there aren't any long term plans for DX, so it's unlikely anyone other than Shawn and HHH will be in it

Ah well

Apparently Justin Credible has signed with WWE too, btw. Looks like that MTV wrestling thing isn't goin to go anywhere

^ Is that MTV thing the thing Jack Evans and Matt Sydal were signed up to? If any two guys are going to appeal to the masses, its them two. I dont get why Aldo was included in it! Im glad to hear he is signed up for ECW though

Yeah, it is. They did the pilot back in February. Haven't heard anything since, but with X-Pac and Credible gone, they were two of the most well known guys involved

Hopefully that gets aired cos the world at large needs to see Jack Evans. Have you seen Steel Cage Warfare yet? That explains it all!!!!

It was reported on a lot of sites earlier today that WWE.com had a video promo up that featured HHH and Shawn saying that DX is back, and it featured Vengeance in some way as well. It's been taken down now. Worst secret ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    It was reported on a lot of sites earlier today that WWE.com had a video promo up that featured HHH and Shawn saying that DX is back, and it featured Vengeance in some way as well. It's been taken down now. Worst secret ever!

You can see it here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: well done wwe, what a way to let the cat out of the bag..... i'm getting more and more convince that this a ruse to get every body watching raw again and when the moment of truth comes. nothing will happen

That would be the worst idea WWE ever had imo. Fans hate to be screwed over (even worse than Bret:p ) but i would say that D-X will be short lived though.
    Also i was watchin an old D-X documentary and i don't it they could even pull off D-X anyway unless it will be the most water-downed version in history but that would be an understatment i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Down with this sort of thing!

another major problem is will fans back the new contirved version of dx, in the past they were a faction grown out of a friendship that was then exploited into the stories, however this time they are trying to deliberately reform a group that's entire ethod was anarchy and decadence, never mind a healthy disregard for authority so why do they a WWE brand DX, they should keep the company out of the build up, ye know, make it look natural instead of wwe has reformed DX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interesting stuff from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    It’s being said that some WWE officials have recently made contact with Road Dogg and Billy Gunn in regards to a possible WWE return. Road Dogg was directly approached about the situation, however Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are both still under contract with TNA. If they did in fact come back to the company, there would have to be a penance to pay due to the inflammatory remarks they've made towards Triple H in interviews in the past.

Another idea would to have two younger wrestlers join the Degeneration X group with Triple H and Shawn Michaels to give them a rub like with The Evolution faction. As this point however, the "DX Reunion" set for June will simply consist of Shawn Michaels and Triple H being a tag team.

The New Age outlaws to return after the things they said?

Ah, I doubt it. Especially with their situation in TNA now. They seem to be getting a decent push, and BG was doing better than I've seen him in years at the last PPV. If they go to WWE, it probably wouldn't be a long term thing, and they might have heat with TNA once it's done. But if they stay with TNA, they'll probably have a job for a good while if they put in some work with their push. Can't see them goin to WWE

• Advertisement

i also would doubt there involvement, plus they need a couple of younger people i reckon as was reported earlier
    melina and nitros move to raw will be to facilitate their entry to DX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

That was me just me taking a punt, so its not necesarily a spolier!.

I read on observer newsletter that the plan at this moment (so things can change) is for DX to be a short term deal eith Triple H and Micheals being the only 2 members.

In saying that, I reckon they'll have new members in it. I think the fans would almost expect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

vince pissed off with both of them at the moment, so i can see them teaming up to take him on. whether it goes any further is hard to say, although they seem to be really hinting at it with the "suck it", HHH being sent out ot get michaels two weeks running and not doing the job he was sent to do.
    the bit on last weeks raw where HHH tells HBK to look at him, because he wants him to see the shot coming could be used in some footage my both of them to say that they had this thing planned from the start. king of "hey, look at this vince. see how i told shawn to watch me, so that he could see me coming and duck before i hit him".
    then again, it could all amount to nothing.

I was thinking that myself about HHH telling Shawn to look at him. I think the way they're going to play it off is that the two of them had planned it for a while, which is why they haven't come to blows recently. But with WWE having already given the return of DX away in a few different ways, it seems a bit too convenient at times watching it! Almost as if Kenny is in on it too, taking the sledgehammer off HHH. But if we knew nothing about DX, that wouldn't seem like a big deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

Whats the story with this

i havent watched wwe in a long while(since it was wwf and the rock was still champ) but one of my mates said DX are returning at the next PPV, from what i've read in posts and **** its gonna be HBK and the game back together, but i taught they hated each other

can anyone fill me in with the storyline

wwe.com can give no such information

• Advertisement

They are best friends in real life.
    Wrestling is fake

castagnoli wrote:
    Wrestling is fake

Hey, hey, we don't want your kind round here!

Judging by the ad WWE.com had, they're going to reform before the ppv. So it'll probably be within the next 2 weeks, maybe 3. Would have been nicer if it came out of nothing!

Advertisement