Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a Strapless Bra

• 03-05-2006 6:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I've just got some halterneck tops and dresses which I would like to start wearing as soon as possible, but I need a strapless bra first. Where would be a good place to get one that isn't too expensive? I hate the way some strapless bras make you look like you have no breasts, so if possible I'd like one that is accentuating rather than flattening. I don't want to go braless as I am a C cup so it's not very comfortable. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I got one in La Senza for about 35 euro..it gives great support and it definitely doesn't flatten. It's great..never found one like it before! You might want to invest in a good one especially if you're going to be wearing those kind of tops a lot because the last thing you'll need is an annoying bra! :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 foxyloxy

For under halternecks, you could do worse than the €6 plunge bra in Penny's! It has adjustable straps, that can be worn as usual or as a halter. They don't have strapless but they sit PERFECTLY under halters. (they also come with clear straps but I hate them)
    I have four in different colour and they do great as you get the clevage and none of the unflattering strapless affect!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The best one that I found was in Marks and Spensers, the only problem is that it contains silicon and after a while it can cause allergies in some people...it does not flatten your chest. Would be a 34DD and it gives me enough support (though would not use it as a sports bra!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I find a lot of the underwear in Marks and Spencers to be really good value for money, and most of it's really pretty too ;). I'm a hard enough size to find, but they have virtually every size I think there is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Dunnes do a nice one (assuming you're in Ireland). It comes with 3 sets of removable straps but I don't think I've ever used the straps with mine! Stays in place well and gives a flattering shape. I think it cost me around €16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

the penneys one is the best, it doesn't flatten

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

marks and sparks defo, they even come in supersize!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

M&S beyond a shadow of a doubt. I'm 36D and their strapless bra has seen me through many a night of mad dancing at weddings and the like. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Debenhams do a great one with the removable/adjustable straps and they also cater for the bigger sizes. I agree that the Dunnes one is good too, even though I could never get it in a DD, it worked ok, but have not looked back since I got my Debenhams one, great support & shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

i have to say penneys i got a push up bra there recently and its amazing!! it was 6 euro and better than anything from la senza or m and s. they do all sorts go to one o fthe big ones in dundrum or that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I have a Wonderbra brand strapless bra and it's really good too - afaik Clerys and Arnotts both stock Wonderbra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have two strapless bra's , they are 'Ballet' bras and they are wonderfull,
    M&S and Roches stores stock them.
    They are wonderfull, strapless bras a size 38D that stay well in place even when moshing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Thanks Fishie for starting this thread! I would have started it otherwise.

I find it really difficult to find a good strapeless one. I have one from Dunnes but I'm not too happy with it. I feel a bit breathless at times and never too comfortable wearing it as I feel conscious it might slip down. So what I usually end up doing is wearing it with the sheer straps that came with it...but you always see the straps anyways and it looks odd, I think. Additionally, the plastic yoke to fix the strap to the bra broke at the UCD ball which caused some hassle to somehow fix that. So I am not too happy with the quality.
    I will try M&S next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd stay well away from Penneys if you're large breasted. Their sizing is absolutely terrible for the larger ladies.

Advertisement