Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dispute

Options
  • 03-05-2006 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you have ever been to family court. im going there in a few weeks and ive no idea what to expect....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

I've been a couple of times but it depends on your own case. There will be no-one allowed in the court room except you, the other person involved, the Judge and the Court Clerk. If you have a solicitor he/she will do most of the talking and you may be asked a few questions - whatever you do, tell the truth as Judges tend to have little patience with messers. At the end of the day, with cases involving children, the court will be looking at the best interests of the children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

how did you get on, I am due in there in a few weeks myself, how was the judge, was it circuit court?:)

Advertisement