Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource Settings and "wireless" router question!

• 03-05-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All.
    I'm not very technical anymore and have some questions. I've just bought a belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router (least that's what it says on the tin) but in the instruction manual, it's telling me I need to connect the RJ45 cable to my laptop, that's not very wireless is it! I also bought a belkin PCMCIA wireless card jobby so I thought that would do the trick?
    Can someone tell me if it is necessary to plug the RJ45 cable in to my laptop from the router when it's supposed to be wireless?

Second question is does anyone know what the VPI/VCI numbers are when using netsource as the ISP. I have absolutely NO idea what these numbers are and of course Netsources "help lines" are not being very helpful as they close at 7pm, about 30 mins before I get home from work... typical!

Thanks for the help!!!

Advertisement