Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Outragous Insurance Quote

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Big Balls wrote:
    I don't think so. If a completely new bumper is fitted to the car because of a scrape it's not the same as "has this car been crashed?".

If you read the thread, you'll see that it's not just the bumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Anan1 wrote:

Actually if you had read the thread you would see that the OP has actually stated "all I damaged was the bumper", saying it was only a scratch. However the OP has implied that he is being billed for damage to parts that he hasnt done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Actually if you had read the thread you would see that the OP has actually stated "all I damaged was the bumper", saying it was only a scratch. However the OP has implied that he is being billed for damage to parts that he hasnt done.

The quote includes repairs to the quarter panel. My post was in answer to BigBalls's point that a repainted bumper alone would not justify a depreciation claim. This would all have been clear to you had you read the thread before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i heard a story once about this person that backed into someones car he got out and started to write a note and left it on the windscreen
    the note read.. im writing this note because i have just backed into your car and the person accross the road thinks im leaving my name and address
    honesty how do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Anan1 wrote:

Go and get your eyes checked.
    Emmo wrote:
    All I did was scratch the ****ing bumper while parking. There are no cracks, no bit hanging off. The bumper is scratched.

If I marked your car while it was parked Anan and you tried to claim depreciation off me I'd laugh you all the way to the nearest no win, no fee joint!!!

By the way, have you found out how to signal around a roundabout yet? Cause that was another 'factual' claim you tried to make!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Well gents,

Thanks to everyone who advised me on what to do.

I took a photo of the scratch I caused (there where others!) and then I rang up my insurance company and asked them how would this effect my policy.

They said that I had admitted liability by leaving the note (not really much I could do there you know, considering it was a non moving car) and that if I wanted to claim that it wouldn't effect my NCB as I had this protected.

Kewl beans I thought,

I gave them the quote and they said "that's very very high", "we will take the details and look into it"

Turns out that the neighbours don't need to go to the dealer, they lied to me. The insurance broker wants 3 quotes or they will send out an assessor for the accident. The neighbours said they thought the only way to get the job don't right was to go to the dealer!

I said its all going via the insurance now and that I have reported it to my insurance company and they will contact them shortly.

Grand stuff,

At least the insurance company are working for their cash now.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Emmo here is some insider info ! Under Eu block exemption re the motor trade You or the owner do not have to have a vehicle repaired or serviced in a main Stealer to maintain the warranty , however the repair shop must be of equal quality and standard which is not difficult to show or prove as 95% of all Stealers sub contract their body repairs and take quite a big margin on top .From your description a scratch on a bumper should be charged as follows .

Here is an average quote for a bumper scratch Taking an Hourly rate of € 65 per hour

Repair 1 hrs
    Paint 4 Hrs = € 325.00

Plus paint and sundries @ 20% = € 65.00

Total 390 + Vat @ 13.5 % = 442.65

And if you want to you could still get it done cheaper .!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Yeah I firgured after chatting to a few mechanics and you boys that I was getting the big shaft by about 100% of the total quote.

Should only be about €450 in total if they fix everything that they say they are going to fix plus im not even sure they need to fix all that anyway.

Thanks for the info.

Emmo

Advertisement