Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any written agreements with Management Agents?

Options
  • 03-05-2006 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to convince the managing agent for our apartment complex that they should be able to provide a detailed written description of the services they provide. It's like talking to a brick wall however.

Has anyone here got such a written agreement from their managing agent? Or know of a good one online? I'd like to show them what they should be aiming for.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

davros wrote:
    I have been trying to convince the managing agent for our apartment complex that they should be able to provide a detailed written description of the services they provide. It's like talking to a brick wall however.

Has anyone here got such a written agreement from their managing agent? Or know of a good one online? I'd like to show them what they should be aiming for.

AFAIK isnt that covered in the contract you signed when you bought the property i.e the section that covers management fees etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

When i bought my apartment there was a several page document on the Rules of the Management Company, which outlined what was and was not acceptable.

If you are an owner you should have received something similar when you bought, assuming you bought new. The management company should have a copy of this as presumably they came up with the rules and regulations.

My one says things like you cant make noise between the hours of 11pm-7am, you cannot hang clothes on the balacony, you cant keep bicycles on the balacony....stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Let me explain a little more what I'm looking for...

Typically, the Management Company of an apartment complex (i.e. the apartment owners) outsources the actual management of the complex to another party - the Management Agent (KPM and Wyse are examples of such agents). For a fee, that agent collects the service charges, organises maintenance, cleans the common areas and so on.

It's the contract between the Management Company (us) and the Management Agent (them) I'm looking for. In my own case, the company we have hired is unable to provide a reasonable description of what it is they do on our behalf. I consider that unprofessional and would like to point them towards an example of a company that does it right.

Advertisement