Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca win La Liga

• 03-05-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Barca are currently drawing 0-0 but because Valencia lost 2-1 they are now confirmed La Liga Champions. Well done and well deserved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Absolutely Delighted to have my fave team in Spain win the title 2 years running.

Great job by my fellow country man Frank Rijkaard and his great team.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nuts, hoped it might drag out a bit longer!

Well done anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats Barca. Guess they can rest players all the way to the CL final now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Currently 1-0 to Barca (Eto'o) in the game so it looks like they may win the league tonight on merit rather than default.

Best side in Spain this year and most consistent. Worthy winners and defenders of their title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Congratulations to Barca. I'd like to see David Villa get the Pichichi though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

besty wrote:
    Congratulations to Barca. I'd like to see David Villa get the Pichichi though.
    So would I, Eto'o is trying damn hard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd hate to see Villa get it. Forlan took it from Eto'o in the last game last season he deserved it then and he deserves it now. He has been a little goal shy since returning from the African Cup of Nations but he has consistently scored goals. 25 in the league is a good return and there's still 3 more games.
    He's two ahead at the moment, hopefully he can get at least one goal in the final three games, that should seal it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Eto'o got a little greedy in the last 20 minutes of the match, there were a few occasions when he could of played Larsson in, but who can blame him for wanting to win the pichichi so much. Congrats to Barca, they have been the best team in La Lig by far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Fairplay to Barca on retaining the title. It was a neat finish from Etoo last night, that gave them the win. It was there for all to see how much it meant to them to win the title again, with the celebrations at the end. Hopefully they'll all be celebrated out come May 17th. Not likely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Absolutely delighted. Best team on the planet at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Here's a couple of clips from last night. You might need this codec to view the files:
    http://www.on2.com/cms-data/downloads/on2_vp7_personal_edition.exe
    You'll probably need that coded in the future so no harm in downloading it.

Eto'o goal
    What a pass by Ronaldino :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

That pass was incredible. Think it was his first touches of the game too, I just watched in awe!

Advertisement