Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hidden Easter Eggs on Oceanic-Air.com

• 03-05-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of you have probably already seen the website www.oceanic-air.com but for the first time tonight I noticed that there were a lot of hidden things on the website. I was just wondering if anyone has uncovered all of them.
    So far, the ones I have are:
    Easy one, when you first go onto the website, look to the yellow column with the announcement that says Oceanic Air is out of business. Eight lines from the bottom, another bit of smaller text appears between the lines. If you click and scroll across the lines you can see it perfectly. It says: "I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents."
    One of the headings is 'Track Flight'. Click it, and track Flight 815 (the only one you can do). A list of other flights comes up, giving the status, airport etc. The name of the airport is abreviated. Look at flight 572. If you look across, it reads:
    StatusGiveus--AirportTHE--Airport(arrival)--BOY
    Back on the main page again, go down to the section that says "Travellers". Click 'find' and the seat charter will come up. If you click across each seat, the seats which some of the main characters will be highlighted in green. If you then click it, a video clip or picture will show up of that character. So far, the ones I found are:
    Edward Mars (the federal agent) -27g - A flashing picture of his badge appears. Every 10 flashes or so, the picture changes and he appears to be dead.
    Kate Ryan - 27h - Flashes of her mug-shot appears
    Shannon Rutherford - 9f - A faint image of Sayid's passport appears...it becomes clearer each time you click her seat. The map that Sayid wanted translated also appears.
    Boone Carlyle - 9e - A dark picture of Boone
    John Locke - 24d - Images of his knife-collection
    Charlie Pace - 29c - A picture of Claire with her boyfriend scribbled out. Click it again and a VIP pass to a Drive-Shaft gig appears.
    Jack Sheppard - 23a - It uncovers Rose's seat. Also, another seat is highlighted. When you click it, the vodka bottles that they found on board appears, flashing on the screen. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but when the flashes became more intense, I could've sworn I saw a hidden image. But when you click it again, it resets the entire chart.
    Rose - 23d - A falling wedding ring comes down the scren
    And, finally, from the seat charter page, click 'pre-board check-in' towards the bottom right of the page. The name 'Ethan Rom' appears, with boxes under each letter. Ethan Rom is an anagram for 'Other Man'. Enter the letters into the box in this order. Your reward is a clip of Walt being taken from the raft in the Season 1 finale.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many people have discovered these, it's good fun. There must have been a lot of effort put in. I spoiler'd the easter eggs I found just in case anyone else wanted a crack. Anybody find any others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

welcome to ages ago

population you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A lot of you have probably already seen the website
    I was just wondering if anyone has uncovered all of them
    Hmm, don't seem to recall claiming I discovered them. Just wanted to see if there are any others. Thanks for the smart, well thought-out reply though.

oh you're welcome

but considering this site was out in season 1 in america and we are nearing the end of season 2

and the fact that there have been numerous threads on this

so i believe i made a valid point

kthxbai

Alright then, apologies if it's been posted before. Didn't think to search since I didn't remember seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

welcome to ages ago
    haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

To the OP: If you view the source code for the home page at the very bottom you can read the text in that message. Only found this site myself yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I only found it myself today! I didn't even realise there was a whole interactive online side to Lost (an official one, that is) until the Hanso Foundation ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

I've never seen that site before..cheers
    Easy one, when you first go onto the website, look to the yellow column with the announcement that says Oceanic Air is out of business. Eight lines from the bottom, another bit of smaller text appears between the lines. If you click and scroll across the lines you can see it perfectly. It says: "I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents."

If you highligt that yellow box, copy and paste it onto a microsoft word document you'll see more than what is clear on the site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tired of life?

I've never seen that site before..cheers

If you highligt that yellow box, copy and paste it onto a microsoft word document you'll see more than what is clear on the site...

tanx

That's pretty sweet! Cool picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Thanks for some of those, I had only noticed a few of them. Also (and this was kind of mentioned earlier I think) :
    On the main page again, there is another hidden message behind the yellow box. You can see words sticking out from it at the top. This is the message: "
    If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse..."
    -Sally

Haven't a clue who Sally is.
    welcome to ages ago

population you

You are SO funny...god...to come up with something like that is just amazing. Have you ever thought about doing stand up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I've been watching Lost since the first episode and I've never seen this site before, thanks Necromomicon :)

Killaqueen, don't even bother to acknowlegde him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Thanks Dude:)

Hadn't seen this site b4 either

^^^ nice sig...whose eyes are those? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

^^^ nice sig...whose eyes are those? :)
    Looks like Jack!

What picture comes up when you copy and paste the yellow box into MS Word?
    I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for some of those, I had only noticed a few of them. Also (and this was kind of mentioned earlier I think) :
    On the main page again, there is another hidden message behind the yellow box. You can see words sticking out from it at the top. This is the message: "
    If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse..."
    -Sally

Haven't a clue who Sally is.

You are SO funny...god...to come up with something like that is just amazing. Have you ever thought about doing stand up?
    I try. However my skill isn;t just limited to people who has posted stufff that has been there before but also to idiots who think that they should put there nose in where it isn't wanted

kthxbai

I try. However my skill isn;t just limited to people who has posted stufff that has been there before but also to idiots who think that they should put there nose in where it isn't wanted

kthxbai

:rolleyes: Hahaha you are such an idiot. You do know you just referred to yourself there? "..idiots who think that they should put there nose in where it isn't wanted" - I think you would fall into that category, seeing as pretty much no one was grateful for your first comment there.

You need to relax and stop being so uptight. Why does it bother you that much that some of this stuff has been posted before? As you can see, the majority of posters in this thread benefitted, because they had not seen this before.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore because I know your type, I see it everywhere on websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Can we try to keep this on topic please?

Matthew stop whinging and dragging posts off topic, some people haven't seen this and the last topic along these lines was a long time ago...

Everyone else, if there's someone goading you into a response don't respond. Hit the report a post function and I'll deal with them.

The next poster on this thread not discussing the oceanic-air site or the easter eggs on the site is getting banned for a week

kthxbai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

I hadn't seen the site either, also on the main page, the infamous numbers appear in the enter details slots for adults etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

why do people get so wound up about this crap site. "There are some hidden messages" , oh woppi doo! It's of no significance to the actually tv show so why bother.

It's a complete waste of time.

and why are people using spoilers in this thread?

• Advertisement

why do people get so wound up about this crap site. "There are some hidden messages" , oh woppi doo! It's of no significance to the actually tv show so why bother.

It's a complete waste of time.

and why are people using spoilers in this thread?
    Because some people like to use the internet as a means of finding out more or to just have a bit of fun with the show external to the actual episodes.

Is them finding little hidden messages hindering your enjoyment of the show?

Is them "wasting their time" forcing you to click on the link and have a look around the site?

No

Also people are using spoilers because it's not the show and some people don't want to know what's being posted on these sites because they just want to watch the show which is fair enough.

Rollo Tamasi if I see one more post from you giving out about people liking to look up these sites and search for the little easter eggs in them or if I see you giving out about threads you'll be receiving a ban (and when I say this I don't mean criticising the show, I've no problem with that and I hate it when people can't grasp the fact that the show isn't flawless and get up on their high horse getting tetchy because someone doesn't like their precious show... it's there to be criticised and I'd like to think that this forum facilitates criticism as well as fan-boy worship of the show)

You've been banned temporarily before and I won't be as leniant as last time, it'll be a month minimum.

Remember if you've nothing nice to say (or at least not a constructive critique of the show) then don't say it at all and if there's a site linked here that you think is a "waste of time" then don't visit it!

steveland? wrote:
    Rollo Tamasi if I see one more post from you giving out about people liking to look up these sites and search for the little easter eggs in them or if I see you giving out about threads you'll be receiving a ban

a bit harsh no? i was merely stating that the site is off no relevance to any of the occurances on the show. Just voicing my opinion on an insignificant website.

Insignificant to the show maybe but why do you think people shouldn't have a bit of fun looking around the net for little clues or tidbits...

There's already been spin-off books and there's loads of sites around. These are of no relevance to the show but what's the problem with people enjoying them?

It's not hurting you so don't "merely [state] that the site is of no relevance" because you're not contributing anything to the discussion at hand.

Don't reply here again if you don't have anything constructive to say about the topic at hand or I will ban you

steveland? wrote:
    Don't reply here again if you don't have anything constructive to say about the topic at hand or I will ban you

Then ban me if thats your autocratic attitude

Then ban me if thats your autocratic attitude
    Fair enough, you were given a lot of rope here to just stop automatically discrediting these sites and what other people looked up in their spare time but instead of just leaving it you decided to hang yourself with it...

Banned from Lost, dunno how long for... I guess that all depends on how Rollo Tamasi decides to keep up this "I think it's crap so I'll have to spoil other people's threads" attitude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The only thing I found out was Kate's surname from that stuff.

Advertisement