Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

managed fund - worth a top up?

Options
  • 03-05-2006 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,
    I have a lump sum that I need to park for at least a year. It's currently in Rabo earning 3.35%
    I have a life assurance policy that I took out with Permanent TSB in 1991 - which obviously cleared the withdrawal penalty zone many years ago.
    The policy is now basically in the Irish Life/TSB Active Managed Fund.
    I was wondering it it might be worth leaving my lump there for a year or so - the attraction being that there should be no penalty or withdrawing funds.
    I have been told this twice on the phone.
    Is it likely that they may spring a hidden fee?
    The fund has been doing well of late, though it seems to be flatlining at the moment. For years after it started it seemed to me to be doing nothing - mainly because of the small amount I was putting away every month (€50), low growth periods and because I hit it now and again for emergency funds.
    Anyone done this before? I am aware of risk, but think it might be a better punt than a deposit account.

Advertisement