Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Screen Unstable

• 03-05-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I purchased a Targa laptop from Lidl last year. Over the past few months, the monitor has been acting up - whenever I move it horizontal lines flicker across the screen, sometimes to the extent that I cannot read the screen.

Its only by moving the screen backwards and forwards by trial and error or by shutting down and restarting does it stabilise.

Any ideas what could be causing it? Would it be covered by the Warranty which as far as I recall was a two year one?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its sounds like the ribbon cable for the LCD is a bit knackered. It should be covered by warranty, ring them asap before the warranty expires;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

Thanks for that conzymaher. When I touch the metal surround of the screen, the display goes haywire.

Would a knackered LCD ribbon be the cause of that?. Its as if there is no protection between the laptop lid and the LCD screen.

By the way, is this a common problem with laptops?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have a 3 year old FS and its exactly the same. When it starts up, you cant see the screen , but once up and running it usally ok once I dont move the screen around too often. If the screen does act up, it exactly the same way as you describe. I have since repalced the laptop now with a lovely new Toshiba one, but use the FS connected up to an external monitor and it works perfect.

Advertisement