Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Management Agents - Recommendations please

Options
  • 03-05-2006 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,

We are currently looking for a new managaging agent for our apartment block which is quite small 30 units. Can people suggest some companies based on there experience in dealing with different companies. The idea is that we can get a list of the better agents and then approach them. All help in this matter.How good the agents are, do they provide 24 hour numbers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Bump - Anyone........

Hi,

We are looking at hiring a new management agent for our apartment block as the current agent is leaving. As a member of the residents committee, we are looking for a list of reputable and good agents who we can approach with view to taking over.

Really what i want is for apartment owner/occupiers with experince of dealing with agents to comment and how they find their current agents. Any help would be great .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

The girl who deals with ours is brilliant. I have to say she is really on the ball. PM me and I can pass on her details. She is with a well-known large management agency. Having said that her predecessor was absolutely cr@p.
    I guess its the luck of the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

We asked for a written description of services from a dozen or so companies then interviewed six or so on site to make a final choice.

In retrospect, what we should have asked for from the winning candidate was a written contract and a service level agreement. You might not get formal versions of these but everything that is paid for should have a thorough written description.

We are currently hashing out a written agreement, slowly, and trying to get fortnightly status reports. Until we get things on a more professional footing, I'm not willing to endorse or criticize our agent. I'm sure they are not the worst but they could also be a fair bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ek1

the crowd that do our apartments are absolutely useless, and the agent himself is an awful person to deal with. i'll give you the agency's name if you send me a message. hopefully the residents committe will get a new company in soon.

• Advertisement

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

Anyone know anything about Sage Property Management? They're based in Loughlinstown.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

AFAIK,

Property management companies = legalised theft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

Cantab. wrote:
    AFAIK,

Property management companies = legalised theft.

Yep! Thats it in a nutshell.
    No others words could portray the truth better.

Advertisement