Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vectra Headlight Bulb Change Help?

Options
  • 03-05-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Looking for help please...

Bulb is blown on the passanger side of the front headlight of my 03 Opel Vectra GTS...

Didn't get a manual with the car (unfortunately). Also tried searching this site and Google for answers, but couldn't find any :(

Can't see any obvious easy way to replace the blown bulb...

Anyone have any suggestions or does it have to go back to a dealer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Its pretty easy but you need small hands. You have to remove the windscreen washer bottle first by unclipping it and pulling it upwards. This will give you much more room to work. Then remove the circular black rubber cover from the back to the light. You will then see the bulb holder with wires protruding. Turn this anti-clockwise to release...it can be quite difficult as it has sharp edges. Take out the old bulb and replace it....do not touch the glass on the bulb. Put everything back....the washer bottle just cpushes back down again. Sounds complicated but i managed to change one on the side of the road in a couple of minutes and I'm no mechanic.

Also use only GM or Philips bulbs as the others will only last a couple of weeks....I went through 3 in a matter of days until i bought a GM one

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Yip what furtzy said. See the attached file:
    Bulb for High Beam.pdf

It's taken from the Opel workshop CD. Actually - let me know if you want a copy of the CD's and i'll send them out to you - well handy to have! Readily available on ebay too for most makes of car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Furtzy and DukeDredd - many thanks!

Tis always easy when you know how :D

Might take you up on that offer of the CD Duke - will PM you.

Thanks again.

Advertisement