Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal abuse

Options
  • 04-05-2006 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I was just out for a walk in the park where there are heaps of Canadian geese most of the year round and there was a bunch of people throwing big sticks at them and chasing them into the busy street :( Of course we called animal control and they sent someone out, dont know what happened. I would have confronted them but there was 6 or 7 of them. I think they should bring back public floggings or humiliation for people who abuse animals..or indeed abuse people too. I was disgusted, poor geese and home being invaded by thick humans :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Yes, that happens all the time in the town where Im from. Traveller children mostly, throwing stones at the ducks in the river. It is very cruel and sickens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Not only that but the bird flu has people paranoid and some are taking a hating towards birds of all kinds.
    I would call your local SPCA or wildlife rescue and make a complaint and tell them exactly where this is happening.
    Very sad the geese come all this way to put up with cr*p like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

People are very ignorant & think its ok to do this especially now cause of the whole birdflu scare. Call the ISPCA & the Gards next time. You were right not to have confronted them by yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yeah I called the animal warden person, they are a division of the police, so they sent out someone after taking details from us. I was out at the same area today so hopefully all is well. They really do no harm to anyone, just really stupid people who have nothing better to be doing. I wasnt sure if the police would treat me seriously or not, but I hope they did (i live in the US) its the first time..and hopefully the last I will have to call.

Advertisement