Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Customer Charter (ashtray - motorbike?)

• 04-05-2006 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

It reads:
    Escalation of complaint.

If the complaint is still unresolved, you will be given an approximate time frame for the resolution of your complaint. The complaint will be automatically escalated to the Manager of the department the complaint falls into. If after 2 days there has been no resolution, the complaint will again be escalated to the Director of the department the complaint falls into. If after this escalation procedure the complaint has still not been resolved the complaint will be escalated to the Customer Services Director. The customer at all times will be informed of the progress of their complaint.

I've been going now for 8 months without a correct bill.
    And I speak directly with the complaints manager each time!

My question is, if you have to wait 2 months to see if anything has been done, what the hell use is the crap above?

And I sure as hell havent recieved any communication from
    "the Customer Services Director"

Last week I called O2 cause my reception was crap, and within 2 hours I had spoken to a manager, was given an explanation of my problem, and recieved 2 months rental to stay with them. Now thats customer service.....

Read and learn BT, read and learn.

Far from being happy...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yep, it's all waffle... just like in the footer of their emails, bragging about their awesome award-nominated customer service. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

I'm almost scared to write this in case they have spies!!!!!

Whisper**Sometimes their inability to bill correctly can be great!
    I haven't paid for broadband since last October!**end whisper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Conar, I'd be budgeting for the amount you owe, if I were you, as many get a hefty bill many months (and many moons in some cases) down the road. Hopefully they've forgotten about you, though!

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Conar, that happened to me as well but eventually I got a call informing me of the situation, I then paid by CC but mysteriously my DD with BT suddenly started working again, and the same payment I made by CC was again taken out of my account -- BT may not be billing you now but I'm sure they are keeping track of what you owe them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sapele wrote:
    Conar, that happened to me as well but eventually I got a call informing me of the situation, I then paid by CC but mysteriously my DD with BT suddenly started working again, and the same payment I made by CC was again taken out of my account -- BT may not be billing you now but I'm sure they are keeping track of what you owe them

Indeed and they are renowned for the use of debt collectors - I know two people who paid money to EsatBT that they were convinced that they did not owe simply because debt collectors appeared.

• Advertisement

It reads:

Last week I called O2 cause my reception was crap, and within 2 hours I had spoken to a manager, was given an explanation of my problem, and recieved 2 months rental to stay with them. Now thats customer service.....

Read and learn BT, read and learn.

Far from being happy...

I know its off the subject but on customer service in general I recently had dealings with 02 (just changing my monthly plan) and I was shocked at the level of customer service I received from them - shocked in the right way!

They were helpful - courteous - they have a programme which calculates the best plan for you and when I rang their system was down so I got the call you back - and shock horror they called me back very promptly - then later the csr called me again and apologised that she had forgotten to point out a way that I could get better value. she said someone would phone me to confirm the date the plan would change - shock horror on the date in questoin another very pleasnt csr rang me to confirm that it had happened and even more shock horror I got a signed letter confirming that terms and conditions had changed.

Oh if it was all like that.........but it shows whats possible and I told so many people about the service too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

My gf recently got a new O2 prepay, she then registered it on the website, got 20 euro credit immediately, and is getting 10 euro a month on the same day each month. No problems, no questions asked...

Imagine BT trying to do something like that !!!#

I have 1 connection, 1 product, 1 option and they manage to f##k it up every billing period.

And for those of you who are in the same boat and find that BT csr's are nice and helpful, but are working a brick wall...

The BT csr's I have dealt with are dissmissive, condesending and go out of their way to make it obvious to me I am lucky they are willing to go the extra millimeter to try to help me...

As I've said before, the reason theres a difference in mobile and broadband cust service, is simply that one can change mobile provider in minutes.

This tends to focus them on the customer I'd say....

Lots to learn BT.....

Nh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I too had some dealings with O2 where the issue was professionally resolved.
    The killer is that O2 Ireland used be ESAT Digifone, and BT used to be ESAT. I guess we all know where the competant customer service staff ended up....

ardmacha wrote:
    I too had some dealings with O2 where the issue was professionally resolved.
    The killer is that O2 Ireland used be ESAT Digifone, and BT used to be ESAT. I guess we all know where the competant customer service staff ended up....

Yes thats the truly ironic thing about this - last year they debited me wrongly but again they resolved it very professionally indeed - what a contrast!!!

Advertisement