Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few Questions relating to WOW

• 04-05-2006 5:46am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im guessing it must be pretty cheap to pick up a retail copy buy now, but

How much is a WOW Subscription? are direct debit transactions via an AIB Current account accepted?

Can pre paid cards be picked up around tipp/limerick area (Game/Gamestop/ Software Zone - smiths?)

Also is WOW still as laggy as people once claimed it to be?
    And finally for a warcraft fan how is the main storyline?

Edit: does the retail copy come with a Prepaid card at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

slade_x wrote:

How much is a WOW Subscription? are direct debit transactions via an AIB Current account accepted?

Can pre paid cards be picked up around tipp/limerick area (Game/Gamestop/ Software Zone - smiths?)

Hey,

A retail copy is around 40 euro. I wouldn't say it will drop until sales diminish which should be a long long time since the expansion is coming out. You can get it on play.com cheaper i think.

You will need a credit card. DD is not accepted.

Pre-paid cards should be available in Gamestop. Theres some available in Waterford, so i presume they distibute them to all dealers.

Wow can be laggy after patches and then in places like ironforge and ogrimmar (main cities where people hang out) but once you have a decent machine with a gig of ram or more that will be minimized. Other then that it's really good.

The game revolves around quests, so all of your lvl'ing can be done from lvl 1 to the highest lvl of 60 through questing, the quests bring you from area to area sending you through a mix of storylines for different places etc and is very fun and involving. You may be able to get hold of the wow trailer if you check on gamespot.com or something.

I'd strongly advise you not to get the game if you don't want the next 1 year+ of you life to be totally engulfed.

My advice is.... dump your girlfriend, quit your job... and enjoy wow =)

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

My advice is.... dump your girlfriend, quit your job... and enjoy wow

Hmm, my self and my wife both work, both play wow and both enjoy it. Not really necessary.

Everything else though is pretty much spot on. You'll also get your first month of game play free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Hmm, my self and my wife both work, both play wow and both enjoy it. Not really necessary.

Everything else though is pretty much spot on. You'll also get your first month of game play free.
    Do not sacrifice anything for WoW, it aint worth that much. :)

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Do not sacrifice anything for WoW, it aint worth that much. :)

You can try to pretend to yourself that you're not addicted... I gave up on that a long time ago hehe

No, I'm not addicted anymore. I'm at the point that I don't login to wow except for raids sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Well you're meant to be studying anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Oh right thanks for the info. I've had GuildWars' Storyline completed for ages along with the Sorrows furnace content and was just looking into wow

For anyone interested Gamestop limerick in the Cresent sells prepaid cards (60 day) for €27.95 and Game in Limerick sell them for €29.95, they also sell the retail version @ €34.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I started out with WoW (although I had played lots of other MMORPG's before that) and then moved to Guild Wars. I've sinced left Guild wars again and moved back to WoW.

I have found the Guild wars has completely spoiled me. Prepare for alot of "little things" from Guild Wars that dont appear in WoW, that just end up annoying you. The ability to completely draw on the radar, enemies appearing on the radar, the aggro bubble etc. etc.

All drive me crazy in WoW now, cos they are missing :(

Still, there are other things that are great, in WoW and naturally, I wouldnt be back playing it if I didnt think it was fun :)

So, enjoy...

Ivan wrote:
    I started out with WoW (although I had played lots of other MMORPG's before that) and then moved to Guild Wars. I've sinced left Guild wars again and moved back to WoW.

I have found the Guild wars has completely spoiled me. Prepare for alot of "little things" from Guild Wars that dont appear in WoW, that just end up annoying you. The ability to completely draw on the radar, enemies appearing on the radar, the aggro bubble etc. etc.

Still, there are other things that are great, in WoW and naturally, I wouldnt be back playing it if I didnt think it was fun :)

So, enjoy...

I picked up Guild Wars and FFXI with all the expansion packs in some value thing in Edinburgh for 19.99. Haven't installed any of them yet as i'm afraid i'll be sucked in. Especcially FFXI as FF7 is my all time favorite computer game.. (apart from WoW?)

Is GW good then?

It completely owned me for about 5 weeks. With me, thats alot of gaming. Still, I played WoW for 9 weeks before taking a break so...

In saying that, I missed out on the PvP aspect of it completely which I would say would add alot more to it.

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote:
    It completely owned me for about 5 weeks. With me, thats alot of gaming. Stilling, I played WoW for 9 weeks before taking a break so...

In saying that, I missed out on the PvP aspect of it completely which I would say would add alot more to it.

Yeah, i think i probably just safer to not go near it, or even read a review. My girlfriend already nearly hates me because of WoW as it is.

Did you read the article on the free (limited period) expose' of the expansion for GW though? Like thousands of people were playing it in 1 place for a couple of days, they clocked up a record 1million+ hours between them it was that good apparently!.

Stay away for me =(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Is it me or does Wow not give you any directions on where to, its fine if it say go to a mine north of here and investigate, but when you're told to to a specific mine there's no directional markers, to help you find where you're supposed to go? Am i missing something, is there something i need to enable in the interface thing?

yeah, thottbot.com and some kind of co-ordinates mod. Insomniax compilation or Cosmos from www.curse-gaming.com , helps alot. But its still missing alot on Guild Wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ivan wrote:

Those things are better not there imo. Drawing on the radar was abused by muppets. The agro circle is more realistic in WoW cos it depends on your level and the level of the creep - impossible to have on the radar. And using your eyes to look around instead of watching the radar is more realistic too. GW was teh first MMORPG I played and I've ditched it completely since I started playing WoW - there's no comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 +Boss^Is^Dead+

slade_x wrote:

Hey man,

I bought WoW for €20 from xtra vision,it's in there sale lists so have a look.

Also,I'm going to pay with a 3V card when my month free trial runs dry.

:)

Advertisement