Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating requirements for a superwarm

Options
  • 04-05-2006 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Folks,

I am building a superwarm house and not putting in conventional heating using solar panels, MVHR, wood pellet etc.

Can somebody point me in the direction of a company that will give me unbiased advice on best heating requirements/combinations for my house. I would obviously pay this company.
    Probably looking at employing the services of a heat engineer if there is such a person!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭boomshackala

This may sound highly technical and most people find this very difficult to understand: You're half way there by not putting in an open fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Don't know of any company that would do all of what you're lookin for but will you be using an Architect ? ... If so they should have the contacts or have used structural, building services engineers etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

AJL wrote:
    Folks,

I am building a superwarm house and not putting in conventional heating using solar panels, MVHR, wood pellet etc.

Can somebody point me in the direction of a company that will give me unbiased advice on best heating requirements/combinations for my house. I would obviously pay this company.
    Probably looking at employing the services of a heat engineer if there is such a person!!

There are a few Power and enrgy consultants about who will do an audit on your existing house or review of proposed build plan for energy conservation etc.

Two companies to mind are Climate Conservation Ltd www.energyaudit.ie and SES www.energysolutions.ie.

Advertisement