Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

worst drivers.....

Options
  • 04-05-2006 7:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

drive mercs.one of those true generalisations.
    i see them every morning in the rear mirror-just itching to pass or make me break the speed limit.i'd love to brake sharp and get them to smash my car's rear but won't descend to their level.
    at roundabouts it's always a merc shooting out in front of me making me brake sharply.early mornings they never light-up or ever indicate.
    i hope i'd never be so ostentacious as to buy a merc.
    even if i win the lotto i'll stick with my atoz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

emmemm wrote:
    i'd love to brake sharp and get them to smash my car's rear but won't descend to their level.
    And that would leave you without a car and with possibly serious injuries, achieving what exactly?

emmemm wrote:
    i hope i'd never be so ostentacious as to buy a merc.
    A laudable goal, but I would bet good money that should it ever happen, you won't! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So thats every merc and every bmw that doesnt indicate. Pretty soon no one will be indicating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Has to be a German thing. But will it be Audi or VW drivers next!? And will it affect the French?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sorry but I have never seen a Merc indicate anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

i have to agree, never seen a merc use indicators....
    they are most likely businness men on their mobile fones, or house wifes trying to control unrulee bratts jumping from seat to seat,
    god forbid they slam on their on their brakes and one of their kids went hurling through the windscreen.

they should be made re-sit their tests and have their kids taken off them.

....please dont tar us VW drivers with the same brush... i always use my indicators and i am well carefull of these gobsheens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Nevermind Mercs and Beemers, the worst drivers IMO are
    -VW Jetta/Vento/Bora drivers
    -VW Polo saloon drivers
    -Nissan Almera saloon drivers
    -Hyundai Accent drivers

These drivers are commonly found dawdling along at 45 mph in the middle of the road on national primary routes. They're also liable to pull out in front of you from a side road and then dawdle along at 2 mph in front of you :mad:

No problem with any particular modified cars except Starbos.

Nearly everyone I have seen with out fail driving one, drives like a tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sorry boys an gals... White Van Drivers are the meanest most ornery rimmers on the planet....

W.V.D Profile:

Skinny weedy jerk with tatts, fag in gob,mobile to ear. baseball cap off white tee shirt squirming around in the seat to get a better view and possibly gain 3.1 secs before the next set of lights...hates space in front of him,ignores lanes,etiquette,manners,other road users...in short...

Should be a law agin them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Wasn't there a topic on this before?:confused:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the worst drivers drive Honda Civics. The majority of people who drive these evil machines are either boy racer scum or old grannys. Either way, they're all crap drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

when was the last time a merc let you out of a side road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

emmemm wrote:

or you could get the new 2006 version (which looks suspiciously like the 1999 Atoz Prime....)

top.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Tractor drivers are the worst drivers,they drive at 15kph,they always steer with only one hand,they keep looking over their shoulder,most times these idiots dont even close the doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

MrSinn wrote:
    Tractor drivers are the worst drivers,they drive at 15kph,

Has it ever occurred to you that tractors are not built to go fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You lot are so lucky this Mercedes driving mod does'nt take this crap personally. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Max_Damage wrote:
    Has it ever occurred to you that tractors are not built to go fast?
    That was my lame attempt at wit,lame attempt on you

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the fact that they all want to overtake you might be down to what you're driving. I've never been overtaken by an Atoz!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Personally, I stay well clear of any Micra, especially with L-plates, when they're in front and approaching a roundabout/junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I treat every driver (and rider) as a moron until I see definite evidence to the contrary. Always expect the unexpected. This philosophy has helped keep me alive so far.

It's not what you drive - it's how you drive it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

esel wrote:
    I treat every driver (and rider) as a moron until I see definite evidence to the contrary. Always expect the unexpected. This philosophy has helped keep me alive so far.

It's not what you drive - it's how you drive it.

Correct. YOU should make up for other people's mistakes as well as anticipate how bad they could drive!

Having said that, I found a new trend of bad drivers is in '95 - '00 female Corsa drivers, especially "L" drivers... Now, obviously I was an "L" driver myself before, and I used to driver one of the newer Corsas, but these ones do not have a clue what to do on the roads!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tipp. reg. Tow hitch. Flat cap.

Danger signs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone with a cap of any kind is to be avoided.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Civic's
    Large White Van's
    60% of BMW's

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone with a cap of any kind is to be avoided.

Mike.

lol, true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

emmemm wrote:
    i see them every morning in the rear mirror-just itching to pass or make me break the speed limit.

Stay left then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

emmemm wrote:
    when was the last time a merc let you out of a side road?
    Happens a fair bit in the mornings actually. Never used to happen when I was driving a "modern" car though...

I think the worst drivers on the road are pretty much the solo L drivers, the middle aged and old ladies who's husbands bought them a little run around, and the middle aged men who think that staying in the outside lane doing 120kph on the motorway (even when the inside is free) is "safe".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

jeeps, all the wanna be 4x4s particularly the blonde bimbos with enough make up to fill the grand canyon, ****ing air heads too

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

yer man from East 17 must be! - he drove over himself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Keedowah wrote:
    yer man from East 17 must be! - he drove over himself! :D
    When I read this the first thing that sprang to mind was the "upper class twit of the year" sketch. Rather fitting I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭breanoh

1. Merc's seem to have indicators as a high cost optional extra!
    2. Boy racers. Crap drivers, not able to drive a car, but insist on driving @ high speed, and reving the **** out of them. Cutting lanes, showing off to friends! Hate them!!!
    3. People who can't use roundabouts!
    4. People who drive up your ass!
    5. People who hog the fast lane.
    6. People who think that it's ok to skip traffic queue's!
    etc.etc........

• Advertisement
Advertisement