Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV ClickSilver Problems

• 04-05-2006 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey all,

My DSL connection fizzed out last night completely; upon running my router's internal diagnostics, it concluded that the router couldn't see the PPPoE server. Did anybody else have problems?

rgds

le pushpoppe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hi,

I have been having the exact same problem for the last while, it's got to the point where I cannot connect to the net about 80% of the time.
    Tried UTV tech support but they just asked if I had changed phones or anything, no real solution offered.

Please post here if you find a cause/solution to the problem.

G'luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭pushpop

Hmmm, could it be your router/modem, or your distance from the connection terminal in your house? Generally the service is fine, and so is their customer support, but they always say 'it could be your antivirus,' which couldn't be the case as it stops data coming in at the application layer. Also, I think the lease on the IP addresses assigned to my router is only 1 day which is fine, but it disconnects without automatically reconnecting. Annoying:

192.168.1.1 are probably amongst the most pressed keys on my keyboard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

pushpop wrote:
    Hey all,

My DSL connection fizzed out last night completely; upon running my router's internal diagnostics, it concluded that the router couldn't see the PPPoE server. Did anybody else have problems?

rgds

le pushpoppe
    I had the same problem on Tuesday night. I logged on yesterday evening and everything was fine. It's the first problem I've had with it in a year.

Advertisement