Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unscheduled downtime on IBB Ballymun mast?

• 04-05-2006 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Ref:
    http://oblivion.sleepygeek.org/smokeping/?target=IBB.IBB-Beaumont

Long story short my connection has been down from approx 1am to 8am over the last few days, it's not noticably faster when it comes back up so it doesnt look like they're improving anything, but at the same time it's too much of a coincidence for it to be offline at the same time each day.

I've received no email about maintenance, this is bugging me as I like to check email adn leave some downloads running before I go to work in the morning.

Anybody know anything? It's a pain when my "1Mb" service isnt even working at its usual 40K, never mind at 1Mb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Can't help with your prob I'm afraid. But that site you linked to is very handy. Nice find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

it's a friend of mine's, it's just a script on our webserver that pings a few routers every so often to graph latency and packet loss.
    Packet loss: 100% is a little too common with IBB :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nice one, any chance of adding some more towers to it? Specifically R&H Hall, Kilbarry (sp?) etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

PM me the IPs / names, and i'll ask if they can be added
    the results arent foolproof obviously, cos its just the connection from one specific datacentre to IBB, but it's a good indicator i guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

interesting to compare how the latency varies from mast to mast. i.e. compare RTE to Ballymun. Huge differences!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

look at tallaght! A glorious 3-5ms :P

Advertisement