Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP!! need to remove 1 OS from dual OS laptop

• 04-05-2006 10:26am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1 laptop with windows 2000

1 oem copy of windows XP pro

Installed oem windows XP pro thinking I had overwritten the win 2000 installation.

Imagine my horror when on bootup it asked me to choose which os to boot!!!

Now got 2 fully working OS's but only 4 Gb of free disc space.

Need to lose Win2000, how do i uninstall this but not damage my win XP pro installation?

Regards etc....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

windows 2000 will probably be in the C:\winnt folder
    if so and if windows XP is in c:\windows then rename the C:\winnt folder reboot and make sure everything is OK and if you are happy you can then delete the renamed folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

You should also change the boot.ini file to relect the fact that the 2k install is removed. Right click my computer and choose properties. Click the advanced tab and then the settings button under setartup and recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

surely this would leave you with two partitions, you could use something like pqmagic to delete the new partition then start again. to get a better idea of whats happening you could use gujin (google above)

Advertisement