Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixons return policy

• 04-05-2006 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

As stated in a previous post I am planning on returning a liteon 5045 dvd
    recorder to Dixons. I have mislaid the box but have all the documentation
    etc. They don't sell this particular model anymore. Probably had a lot of
    faulty or buggy machines returned to them. Am i entitled to a refund
    (preferable), storecredit/exchange for new model or will they send it for repair
    bearing in mind they don't stock them anymore and that these machines
    can be problematic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well once you have a receipt of proof of purchase, they should take it back.

But seeing that you dont have the packaging they may refuse. To try and get out of it.
    I don't see why they should'nt, after all say you buy a massive 42" tv from there and get rid if the box, they can't hardly say, "No we can't take it back as its not in its box".

At the very most, I would ask for a full refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I dropped mine back today (without the box) but they said they will send it for repair.
    Told him how buggy the machines can be and that many people have had two or three
    replacements and asked why they weren't selling them anymore but he said they had few
    returns there. If they don't repair it within 28 days I'm entitled to a replacement though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980
    Is all u need to know about that situtation:roll eyes:

cyberwit wrote:
    Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980
    Is all u need to know about that situtation:roll eyes:

eh, which part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

The entire act covers the above situtation
    You are entitled to a Refund , Replacement or Repair if the goods you bought is faulty, not as described etc.

You are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind or dislike the item you bought but most shops will allow you the bring back an item if you change your mind but they are not required to only if as stated above.

• Advertisement

cyberwit wrote:
    The entire act covers the above situtation
    You are entitled to a Refund , Replacement or Repair if the goods you bought is faulty, not as described etc.

You are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind or dislike the item you bought but most shops will allow you the bring back an item if you change your mind but they are not required to only if as stated above.

But who chooses which action is taken. They say they will repair
    it. I would prefer replacement (by a different make and model)
    or refund. Are they fulfilling their part or can I demand one of
    the others. Seems to be a bit of a grey area. Even the ODCA isn't
    clear on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

they are allowed the chance to repair it, but it must be in a reasonable amount of time..
    to be honest im suprised they are bothering repairing it, easier and cheaper to replace it.

Advertisement