Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Leaving Meteor before contract ends

• 04-05-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I moved to Meteor about 3 months ago and started a 1 year contract. However since the start the coverage and service has been very poor. In my house (in Limerick) I regularly get dropped calls and "Network Busy". I'm paying 60 a month for the 400 minutes option. To be honest I'm not even getting to use that because of the problems.

I rang Meteor and requested contract termination but they informed me I would have to pay for the remaining period of the contract, that's about 540 euro!

What are my entitlements here? I was told to send in a letter stating the problems and that i want to leave the network. I've done that so just playing the waiting game here.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

See what they have to say in their reply first, and if they aren't going to do something, have a read of this (http://www.meteor.ie/pdfs/code_of_practice.pdf) and send another, more firm letter quoting the relevant parts. If it doesn't work from there, then it's real hardball time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Firstly, what phone are you using? It could be a software or phone issue. I don't think indoor coverage is counted as a lot of older houses have thick stone walls. I know people who have a basement room. One has perfect meteor coverage, one doesn't? The diff? The person who has coverage has a Nokia, the other has a Motorola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

[edit: posted in wrong thread]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

how many bars of coverage do you have when the call drops or you get "network busy"?

Advertisement