Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weeks Eircom League Action (May 4th - 7th)

• 04-05-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

[B]
     THURSDAY MAY 4                    [/B]     
     EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION         
     Shelbourne      -v- Drogheda Utd   8.00
                         Tolka Park         

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION           
     Dundalk         -v- Finn Harps     7.45
                         Oriel Park         

[B]
     FRIDAY MAY 5          [/B]                 
     Cork City       -v- Waterford Utd  7.45
                         Turner's Cross     
     Dublin City     -v- St Pat's Ath   7.45
                         Dalymount Park     
     Derry City      -v- Bray Wndrs     8.00
                         Brandywell         
     Galway United   -v- Kilkenny City  7.45
                         Terryland Park     
                                            [B]
     SATURDAY MAY 6                     [/B]    
     UCD             -v- Sligo Rovers   5.15
                         Belfield           
     Longford Town   -v- Bohemians      7.30
                         Flancare Park      

Athlone Town    -v- Limerick FC    7.00
                         St Mel's Park      
     Kildare County  -v- Monaghan Utd   7.00
                         Station Road       
                                            [B]
     SUNDAY MAY 7                           [/B]
     Shamrock Rovers -v- Cobh Rmblrs    3.00
                         Tolka Park         

Have a feeling tonight is going to be a great game at Tolka, 1-0 to the Drogs just won't work tonight. Very optimistic Shels can pull a performance out of the bag and take all three points, after playing two games on dodgy pitches its back to the best pitch in the Eircom League!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why are Shels playing tonight? Seems odd.

Never thought I'd see myself say this, but come on Shels. Show those Drogs that they only have delusions of granduer, and they cant kick their way to a title.

Shels 2 - 0 Drogs

and expect the wheels to come off them from there. Drogs are not a good side, as Doolin is not a good manager.

City Vs Waterford.

Waterford are not as bad a side as their position suggests. They are not loosing games heavily, and are righht in their til the end. As always, Waterford will be well up for this one, but City should win this by 2 or 3. Pity Dolan, Reynolds, Clifford etc etc etc is gone from them as they now are a target of pity rather than contempt.

CHF Vs SPA
    Pats should do a job over Keeleys kickers.

Derry Vs Bray
    Can only see Derry rack 4 or 5 against a hopelessly poor Bray team.

The rest: meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Have a feeling tonight is going to be a great game at Oriel, 1-0 to the Harps just won't work tonight. Very optimistic Dundalk can pull a performance out of the bag and take all three points, after playing the last game on dodgy Limerick pitch its back to the best pitch in the Eircom League!

Seriously though confidence is high in Dundalk at the moment after winning their last 4 games in a row. Last weeks win against top of the table Limerick has got the town buzzing. Their might even be a decent crowd for tonights match.:eek:

Will also be cheering on Shels as I have them in my bet. Oh and I hate the drogs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Shels game was switched to tonight to accomodate the television coverage.

Pighead wrote:
    Have a feeling tonight is going to be a great game at Oriel, 1-0 to the Harps just won't work tonight. Very optimistic Dundalk can pull a performance out of the bag and take all three points, after playing the last game on dodgy Limerick pitch its back to the best pitch in the Eircom League!

Seriously though confidence is high in Dundalk at the moment after winning their last 4 games in a row. Last weeks win against top of the table Limerick has got the town buzzing. Their might even be a decent crowd for tonights match.:eek:

Will also be cheering on Shels as I have them in my bet. Oh and I hate the drogs too.
    Hehe, something strangely familiar about that post...

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Shels game was switched to tonight to accomodate the television coverage.

What channel?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    What channel?
    Its live on Setanta, build up at 7.30pm, game at 8.00pm, then a 15 minute round up at 10pm (though exactly what they'll be rounding up I'm not quite sure).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

gimmick wrote:

City Vs Waterford.

Waterford are not as bad a side as their position suggests. They are not loosing games heavily, and are righht in their til the end. As always, Waterford will be well up for this one, but City should win this by 2 or 3. Pity Dolan, Reynolds, Clifford etc etc etc is gone from them as they now are a target of pity rather than contempt.

You obviously havent seen them play. They are not good enough for the premier division and unless they get some quality they are going back down.

I don't like Waterford anyway. Be it hurling or soccer, they're fans are topers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Drogs 1-0
    Dundalk 1-0
    Cork City 3-0
    Dublin City 1-0
    Derry City 2-1
    Galway United 1-1 Kilkenny
    Sligo Rovers 2-1
    Longford Town 0-0 Bohemians
    Limerick FC 1-0
    Kildare County 1-1 Monaghan Utd
    Shamrock Rovers 1-0 (worried about a 0-0)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cork City 2-0 Waterford Utd

Dublin City 0-3 St Pat's Ath

Derry City 2-1 Bray Wndrs

Galway United 1-0 Kilkenny City

UCD 1-2 Sligo Rovers

Longford Town 0-2 Bohemians

Athlone Town 2-0 Limerick FC

Kildare County 0-0 Monaghan Utd

Shamrock Rovers 1-0 Cobh Rmblrs

I think that with Lavine playing along side either Mullan or McGee and with Istvan Lakatos providing opertuinities we will start to score, which has been our only problem this season.

Shels 1 - 0 Drogs. Stuet Byrne scores. First goral Drogs have conceded in the league this season.

• Advertisement

Cork City 4-0 Waterford Utd

Dublin City 0-0 St Pat's Ath

Derry City 2-0 Bray Wndrs

Galway United 3-0 Kilkenny City

UCD 1-1 Sligo Rovers

Longford Town 0-0 Bohemians

Athlone Town 1-1 Limerick FC

Kildare County 0-1 Monaghan Utd

Shamrock Rovers 2-0 Cobh Rmblrs

Finished 2-1 Shels.

Hope City can get the 3 points tomorrow night to put them back up the table.

Very optimistic Shels can pull a performance out of the bag and take all three points

And we did...

Great win for Shels and thoroughly deserved.

Two very good goals, both great headers from great crosses. Stewie's effort off the bar was a cracking shot. Not in the mood to write a huge report but great performances by Gary O'Neill and Stewie Byrne. Ref was a disaster for both sides, three very obvious penalties not given.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Gary O'Neill should be the first strikers name on the teamsheet every game. Pair him with either Crowe or Byrne and we are almost guaranteed goals. It's obviously going to be tough to drop Crowe or Byrne, but they're the kind of decisions a good manger has to make and stick by. If you look at the run we went on towards the end of last season, most of those games featured Gary O'Neill in a prominent role. Once Nutsy realises his value to the team I think we can start going places.
    14th March

Started last four now, scored in all four.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cant see Bray picking up anything in Derry. They have been awful so far this season and seem to be steadily getting worse. Something has to be done or they will finish bottom. The midfield for me is a weak point with both wingers not being up to scratch. Fox is the only one who seems to up for it these days and playing Charles in centre mid like they have a few times just isnt going to work.

Derry to win pretty easily I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

well to be honest i couldnt really give a sh!ite about tonights game with waterford, they're a nothing team and its hard to gut psyched up about facing them.

i reckon we'll win, but not too convincingly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    And we did...

Great win for Shels and thoroughly deserved.

Two very good goals, both great headers from great crosses. Stewie's effort off the bar was a cracking shot. Not in the mood to write a huge report but great performances by Gary O'Neill and Stewie Byrne. Ref was a disaster for both sides, three very obvious penalties not given.

14th March

Started last four now, scored in all four.

(with his head, all of them!)

Agree with it all. Joint MOTM they were announced if my memory is correct?! :D Stuey looked back to his old self, thank God! :D

We spurned several chances, but finished more than we have been! All round quite good, kept Drogs to absolutely nothing untill the last 5 mins or so.

I literally thought Stuey's shot about 10 mins from time was going to break the crossbar!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

FRIDAY MAY 5
    Cork City 1-0 Waterford Utd 7.45
    O'Flynn 8

Dublin City 0-1 St Pat's Ath 7.45
    Keegan 7

Derry City 0-0 Bray Wndrs 8.00

We need to win tonight, an actual must win game of sorts.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dublin City 0-2 St Pat's Ath 7.45
    Keegan 7
    Molloy 29

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Another two nil win, we'll take that. Waterford were poor enough, flynny's goal early doors killed them off.

city played some very very nice stuff in patches, still a bit off from the finished article.

great to see flynny back, you can really see what we're missing when he's out, taken off at half time as a precaution but should play a bit of the league cup match with cobh on wednesday..

nice to see the Behanator score as well, he got called up to the under 21s yesterday so fair play...

How does Denis Behan get a call up and Roy O'Donovan is left behind.:confused:

Still, well done Denis.

• Advertisement

^ Because Roy has been playing shíte all season, and Denis has been playing well, simple as.

Good win last night. Good to get back to back wins under the belt, and no goals conceded.

Bring on Shels on Monday week!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Another shocking display from Bray. Destined to finsih bottom this season unless some drastic changes are made

rovers and cobh match was dull for most of the game, we missed an open goal to seal it, 1-1 an unfair reflection of a game that for the most part was dominated by rovers, we drew because we can't finish in the final 3rd.

Cobhs goal was a free header, they never really got anything other than attacks from set plays

blu_sonic wrote:
    rovers and cobh match was dull for most of the game, we missed an open goal to seal it, 1-1 an unfair reflection of a game that for the most part was dominated by rovers, we drew because we can't finish in the final 3rd.

Cobhs goal was a free header, they never really got anything other than attacks from set plays
    You'd be doing well to finish from the other two 3rds... :D

i tell you there was more chance from the other two then from the final from what i was looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Are you going to oriel park next week blu sonic ? Should be a good game with a terrific athmosphere at it. We have Drogheda Tomorrow night(monday) in the league cup and Shamrock rovers on thursday night. This is Dundalk Make or break week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Realy poor from Bray as well and i eally cant see us egtting out of trouble at this point. How Zayed can be left out when he'sone of the best strikers in the league is beyond me.

Advertisement