Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing THE MATCH on big screens

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Abbey Lass wrote:
    HI guy's. Can ye tell me the date the Match is on please. I'm now living over here in the USA and I am so sickened I am going to miss all the fun and excitement in the home of Rugby. I am assuming 95fm are going to broadcast it ? I can hopefully get to listen to it. OMG are they really putting up a big screen in O Connell St for it? If anyone is going to watch it there take some picture's, I'd love to see it. My hubby found this site for me today, so I can keep up with all the news from good old Limerick, I'm so thrilled. Enjoy it ye lucky old things, sink a couple of pints of Guinness for me. Cmon Munster!!!!:D

Abbeylass, if you post on munsterfans.com explaining where you are, they might be able to tell if Setanta US are showing the match (and even, though not likely, if anywhere near you is showing it.)

Picked up my tickets today and I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Abbey Lass

Howdy all again, thanks for the replies and can't wait to see the pic's :D. Not a hope in hell of seeing it where I am, nearest town is 15miles away, it's as big as limerick and it has....wait for it.. 3 bars and they are all....dare I say it..redneck lmao. So it will be a cup of coffee and good old Len Dineen for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Will there be any website that will be streaming the match over the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

My brother in law had a ticket and let it go cause he was to be his Godsons sponsor at his confirmation. He found out last week that the confirmation was cancelled cause the Bishop is sick. He has been to most of the matches and is gutted. Poor guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

a colleague just told me that they want to charge 20 EUROS to get in a certain area in front of the screen. is this true? did anyone else heared about this? it's hopefully just a roumour!

if it's true - that's insane but would fit the rip-off culture!

IB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I'd say its a seating area!!! Yeah, that would make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well you have to put that into perspective really. firstly it is probably a seating area, and i doubt very much that SKY are going to let them show the match to that many people for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

but the city council could give it as a present to the citicens of this rugby infested city :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Try here on sunday or monday i bet the match will
    be up :-) http://diwana.org

Limerick City Council arnt working off Sky, they have their own company going in to bring it to the street of Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

According to the post, it's all going to be free.
    Ther are going to be party like events going on all morning, and the screen itself is being donated by Harvey Norman.
    They're expecting about 5,000-10,000 people at the screen, cause people are coming down from all over the country to watch the match in Limerick!
    Both Sky Sports, and the BBC will be broadcasting from Limerick, aswell as RTÉ!
    If anybody is worried about safety, there's going to be a considerable Garda presence, with Garda dogs, and mounted Gardai aswell!
    If the weather clears up this is going to be an amazing day!
    (When Munster win of course!:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

http://thelimerick.blogspot.com/2006/05/big-screen-on-oconnell-street.html
    the big screen as promised for those that wanted to see it on O'Connell Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

Go On The Munster!!!!! :d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

was absolutely class and i got myself on the 6 o clock news! :D

ME TOO!!! :) Well so i was told, i was out but woohoo

did u see the news there? i was the guy who came in the backround of that guy getting interviewed and i screamed COME ON MUNSTER :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Lol you did that just after me (if it was the interview with the old guy at the section close to the screen). I saw you there allright. Don't know if we made the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

did u see the news there? i was the guy who came in the backround of that guy getting interviewed and i screamed COME ON MUNSTER :D

Haha, nice one.I saw that and I said 'What a drunk lout'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Brilliant ****ingday!
    I was right outside Nestors myself, so I could run in at half time for a quick pint!
    I got some great pictures and video!
    I'll have to post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Just back from Cardiff, haven't slept since early Saturday morning, great game, twas class when they flicked over to show O'Connell street, really looked great.

• Advertisement

Just got back from the presentation on o connell street there, it was lashing rain but we still sang our hearts out. i have loads of pcis i shall post them up when i get the chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Just got back from the presentation on o connell street there, it was lashing rain but we still sang our hearts out!
    lol..i could hear the singing going on from my appartment!

Yeah... it was mad! I was coming out hail, rain or shine.. nothing stopping me!

Advertisement