Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cert Of Consistency Help

Options
  • 04-05-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

OK guys, I need help.
    2 weeks ago paid deposit on apartment in xxx it was a brand new first time let and was told move in date would be xxth May. Now he says yesterday it will be June at least because he is waiting on a Certificate of Consistency as the other solicitor is messing him around.
    Now I have googled it and cant make much sense out of it, basically when we met him initially he said he was the landlord and there was no furniture in it and he said he was waiting to get the guys in to furnish it.

So we paid deposit on the faith that he will let us move in the middle of May.
    As far as I know he cant put in any furniture till he gets this certificate hence he cant let us move in.
    Now a couple of things dont add up which makes this seem like BS im not sure what the process is in all this.
    Can anyone help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps its a Certificate of Completion?

It sounds like he's screwing around at your expense. Under what terms did you give the deposit? Do you have a lease?

I would seriously suggest that you tell him to give you the place or give you back your money.

Advertisement