Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in 2nd year history?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

exar? you're in that class as well. i was gonna meet ferdi in college on monday and discuss that class. bring any materials you have. those primary source hand outs would be good. i'll figure out somewhere to meet on the day. probably in the arts block with coffee and cigarettes for yours truly.

Ok cool but do you have any topics you think I should look at before hand ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

elmyra wrote:
    Do you mean David Kerr or is it an entirely different course altogether? The one that was on this year was by David Kerr.

David Kerr does American history?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

elmyra wrote:
    Do you mean David Kerr or is it an entirely different course altogether? The one that was on this year was by David Kerr.

No, 2nd year US History lectures were by mitch lerner, david doyle and maurice bric. I did the last two!

http://www.ucd.ie/historyarchives/secondyear2005.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

#15 wrote:
    No, 2nd year US History lectures were by mitch lerner, david doyle and maurice bric. I did the last two!

http://www.ucd.ie/historyarchives/secondyear2005.htm

sorry :o i thought my housemate was doing an american history course with david kerr.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

elmyra wrote:
    sorry :o i thought my housemate was doing an american history course with david kerr.

Pfft, David Kerr does French and cultural history - I thought we all knew that! (Mostly cos all history females I know have considered/ chosen a David Kerr course for the *benefits* of david kerr!)

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote:
    Pfft, David Kerr does French and cultural history - I thought we all knew that! (Mostly cos all history females I know have considered/ chosen a David Kerr course for the *benefits* of david kerr!)

*notes this down*

I've never seen him, but I'm making it my mission now!

elmyra wrote:
    *notes this down*

I've never seen him, but I'm making it my mission now!

Oh, you're missing out huge! He taught my friend in third year, and supervised her MA, and is now supervising her Ph.D. He's am, very interesting to talk to*!;)

*look at/ listen to his accent

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

you know if guys were doing this about a female lecturer there would be fire and brimstone raining down... just thought i'd point that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i had david kerr in 1st year;)

:D

ferdi wrote:
    i had david kerr in 1st year;)

:D

Fast mover Ferdi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Ferdi is David Kerr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Ferdi is David Kerr.
    i'd say the David Kerr Appreciation Society might disagree most strongly with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

David Kerr's a bit of a legend alright. Anyone do his 20th century Italy course this semester ? Not sure what to do for tomorrow. Gonna do the economic miracle, but apart from that i'm not too sure.

ferdi wrote:
    i'd say the David Kerr Appreciation Society might disagree most strongly with that.

Indeed. I'm not a member of it, but I know people who are, and they tend to have some VERY strong opinions on such issues. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Case closed..............

Advertisement