Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to get Lawn Turf Rolls?

Options
  • 04-05-2006 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've dug out my front garden and now I'm trampling it down ready for a new turf lawn to get rolled out on it, can anyone recommend a place to buy the rolls of turf? I've seen them at B&Q but they are 'meadow grass' - complete with weeds so I'm after 'seed grass' rolls. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

http://www.summerhilllawns.ie/
    Also another place in Ardclough, near Straffan called thrifty lawns I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Danny was there much work to do on the lawn to get the turf down ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Hi Blahblah,
    I had a front garden that was a mix of bare earth, weeds and patches of grass, like the rest of the house its been neglected for a long time. So I got out a garden fork and dug over the ground to a depth of 16" (Dandelions have long roots), lifted out the weeds, roots, stones and sods of earth and then raked it as level as I can. At this stage I'm trampling the soil down by foot to compact it (lifting any other stones as I go). Next I'll cover with 'sharp' lawn sand and a small amount of fertilizer and use a plank to level it off some more. The digging out is the hardest bit, if you have a big area use a rotivator from a hire shop.
    I haven't got to the laying out bit as I haven't got any turf yet. ;)
    I've never done this beofre so I'm winging it a bit but I've done some reading and I think I'm on the right track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Hi,
    I've dug out my front garden and now I'm trampling it down ready for a new turf lawn to get rolled out on it, can anyone recommend a place to buy the rolls of turf? I've seen them at B&Q but they are 'meadow grass' - complete with weeds so I'm after 'seed grass' rolls. Thanks.

Hi ScottishDanny,

Do you know how much turf you need?

I've just PM'ed you my details, and would be happy to give you a price.

Pip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Theres a crowd in Dunmore, Co Galway called Martins/Martyns. Can get you their number if you can't find it in the golden pages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Hi Qwerty - I'm looking in the Dublin area, thanks anyway.

Advertisement