Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian - Insured and Spouse/Partner (25% discount!)

Options
  • 04-05-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hibernian seem to give about 25-30% off the price of a policy with them, if you insure your spouse/partner on the policy as well, and they already have their own seperate car.

Does anyone know what qualifies someone as a partner?

Obviously spouse means you're married.

But how is a partner defined? you have to have kids together? Or what?

Or does just any boyfriend or girlfriend in a couple qualify as a partner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Hi gimp,

I have a policy with Hibernian with my girlfriend on it.
    I got her on last year and i saved about 150 euro.
    Dont think you have to be married as I told them she is just my partner.
    The only thing is that I think he/she will have to have access to another car as the asked for the reg etc.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bringoutthegimp

I wonder, do you have to be even co-habiting or anything, or do they care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

I added my girlfriend to my policy this year and it knocked about 20% off the policy, but I was told we had to be living together. They classed her as a spouse (This was Tescos though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

about if you just give a females name , and just get the discount they wonot be able to check it out.has anyone done this before.and does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

My girlfriend on her first provisional licence was renewing her insurance. By adding me as a named driver living at the same address saved her €460 on her premium. We are living together also. I think it was with Eagle Star I'll have to check that out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So if I was from Alabama I could name my mother and sister as partners and get 50% off! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mike65 wrote:
    So if I was from Alabama I could name my mother and sister as partners and get 50% off! :D

Mike.

thats what my question is, in my next insurance can i just say my sister is my partner and get 25% off.how can they check it out.she has here own insurance policy on her car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm gay....wonder what would happen if I asked could I add my boyfriend to the policy...hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting, under the current legistation it should'nt matter should it?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

mike65 wrote:
    Interesting, under the current legistation it should'nt matter should it?

Mike.
    Well they would be contravening the Equal Status Act 2000 if they did

Specifically, service providers, agencies, and anyone providing opportunities to which the public have access, cannot discriminate against citizens on nine distinct grounds.

These grounds are:

* family status
    * sexual orientation
    * religion
    * age (does not apply to a person under 16)
    * disability
    * race
    * membership of the Traveller community

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Does anyone know what qualifies someone as a partner?
    Someone who lifts you out of it on a regular basis :)
    I put my wife on my insurance with Hib and it dropped about 50 euro on 700 euro, not exactly 25%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Mmmm that sounds like a plan. My insurance isn't up until August, but I might ask my step sister if I can put her name down and see how much of a discount I get. I could do the same for her...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fletch wrote:
    Well they would be contravening the Equal Status Act 2000 if they did
    Insurance companys already discriminate on various grounds but are allowed to because seemingly they have statistics to back up their claims.
    Sure some of the companys offer policies only to females, over 50s, etc. Some will not quote if you have less than x years driving or if you are under 25.

Advertisement