Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home design software

Options
  • 04-05-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi there, does anyone know of any good home design/improvements software?

Something that's quite simple to use but also effective.

It's for doing up ideas on an extension.

Freeware preferably but if there's some cost involved so be it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

For kitchens IFEA have one on their site but it is limited to their product range.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Zoot wrote:
    Hi there, does anyone know of any good home design/improvements software?

Something that's quite simple to use but also effective.

It's for doing up ideas on an extension.

Freeware preferably but if there's some cost involved so be it.

Any ideas?

Chief Architect is the dogs b*ll*x. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it you can design your house (extension in your case) up in a few hours and generate some pretty impressive 3D renderings etc..

Unfortunatley its not free, but you can pick up older versions cheap enough on e-bay.

You can also download an eval version of v10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

SketchUp might be worth looking at:

http://sketchup.google.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I've downloaded a trial of smartdraw from the net, but havent really had a chance to look at it too much. It looks pretty good buy is a little pricey for me!! If anyone has any suggestions for an 'easy' too use package I would be delighted to hear it!!!

Anyone ever use better homes and gardens home designer suite 6? Just wondering if its worth the investment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Zoot

Chief Architect is the dogs b*ll*x.

Wow - at from $1,250 to over $2,000 it looks like it's what the pro's use. Bit too far out of my budget though.

:(

Zoot, As far as I know 'better homes and gardens home designer suite 6' is a basic version of Chief architect which is available for around €60. It seems to be adequate for house plans in 3d but I would prefer to hear a review or recommendation from someone on boards b4 i'd purchase!! I've downloaded too many packages for trial before and found them to be poor!

Advertisement