Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on past papers

Options
  • 04-05-2006 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭

So i decided to look at some past papers today through the SIS site and everyone i tried to look at gave me an incorrect url error.

Is this something to do with lookin at them from outside ucd or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm 99% certain you can only view them on campus for some mad schmack of a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

You're 100% wrong I just downloaded some of mine from home! No intention of actually using them, but I can tell you that it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ditto, just yoinked my Data Structures and Algorithms past papers... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yup you can definately get them from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ok, when you go to ''Examination Past Papers'' link on SIS, the direct ''View Past Papers for your Current Courses'' link gives me the 404 error message.

To get past papers, on the Past Papers menu right click ''Select Past Papers by Course Area e.g. ACC'' and search for papers by your course code and all links should work now.

Pffft I remember last year anyway not been able to get papers from home and having to travel into college just to print papers. Oh, my bad anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

i tried that zane and it didnt work. Hmm ill try again laters.

cheers anyway folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

has anyone noticed this: sometimes in the list of past exam papers, it has one for the impending exam, like "Summer 2006". And like an idealistic fool, I always click on it in the vain hope that I will be able to access the forthcoming exam questions. I think they put them there just to tease us.

yeah, i was like . hmm tasty

Also why won they let you see papers with mcq questions? Tis a right pain.
    Means i cant view past papers for intro to comp architecture and OB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Also why won they let you see papers with mcq questions? Tis a right pain.
    Means i cant view past papers for intro to comp architecture and OB.

It's because there are a finite number of combinations, which diligent students can work out before entering the exam by viewing past papers, and give themselves an advantage by predicting all of the correct answers.

Poor Owen, your diligence is your downfall. You're working too hard for your own good :p

• Advertisement

It's because there are a finite number of combinations, which diligent students can work out before entering the exam by viewing past papers, and give themselves an advantage by predicting all of the correct answers.

Ok fair enough but cant they at least let us see the rest of the paper?

You can see the section A's, they're up separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well I can get into my exam papers, but they don't have any up. Talk about walking around in the frickin' dark! Plus, we're the guinea pig year for English so there aren't even core module papers. Sucks donkey cock.

Advertisement