Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paladin assistance

Options
  • 04-05-2006 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Collecting tanking gears for my paladin atm, about half way through my list so far and it occured to me to ask for other peoples advice regarding the talent build/equipment set I'm proposing to use. Bear in mind that the character is still a main cleanser/buffer/healer for our guilds MC raid and that this is merely my own, personal, project. All the gears are acheivable though either our existing instance raids or through pugs (god help me).

Anyhow, enough exposition. The equipment set is this with the following talent build.

Any suggestions/thoughts/construction comments? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Erm, you will never be allowed tank. It's... kind of pointless :p. I do know of a paladin who tanks nef phase 1 though, but specific tank gear isn't required.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Ah - some clarification, I'm plotting on tanking the 5-10 man instances - BRD, DM, LBRS, Stratholme, Scholomance and UBRS. Specifically it's to allow myself and some friends to 5 man farm their Dungeon Set 1 class sets and then to help them upgrade those to the Dungeon Set 2. Also I find tanking fun - I can already tank the majority of the 5-10 man content at 60 but I'd like to do so well if I can, without sacrificing too much of my 20-40 capabilities in the cleansing/buffing/healing role I perform in that. So bearing that in mind do you have anything constructive to say? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

You don't need +def for those instances then :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Paladin tanking...

Hahahaha..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Pointless gear imo. The 5/10/15 man instances are piss-easy and don't require +def, and you'll never be tanking the 20/40 man instances.

• Advertisement

Meh, be whatever way you want to be, I asked for constructive comments, I got high handed dismissiveness. Shouldn't really have surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I feel your pain. Not that I play paladin, but Blizzard did say ye were tanks with some healing ability. But face it, they lied to you :(

Heh - thanks Ivan :D

Tbh the paladin class isn't as bad as people think in that regard, the problem is that people (I assume) have had bad experiences with incompetent paladins attempting to fill the role. Even our two MT's have said that a good paladin tank is better then a bad warrior tank - in reference to the method and thought behind how the tanking is done rather then a reference to equipment. Unfortunately some people are unwilling to entertain the issue - thats the biggest challenge, not tanking the instance or gathering the gears but persuading people to allow you the opportunity to prove their preconceptions wrong.

Though I still want a snap taunt, a hate generator and access to a paladin set with +def :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Then start farming Scholo for the deathbone set :P

Heh - there a number of DB pieces in the equipment set I linked as it happens. The problem with the DB set is that while it has + def and +mana/5sec it sacrifices too many other stats to be a 'great' choice for paladins (or for warriors I'm told). Thankfully the ZG blessing for paladins includes +7 def along with stam and mana/5secs so it creates alot more flexibility for a paladin wanting to investigate the possibilities of the class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement