Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What course did you get?!

Options
  • 04-05-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Got my course confirmation letter today. So what classes and sessions are people doing? Who's in res. and who's commuting?

I got my first choice: Philosophy, Session 2, residential. So the third time really was lucky. This confirms what has be suspected for a while: preference is given to nevermores. I guess it's fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

It doesn't confirm it. Just coincidence imo. I didn't get my first choice =[ I got Game Theory. First choice was philosophy. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I got Theoretical Physics, but I reckon I'll change to Philosophy or Game Theory. Game Theory isn't a new course but a re-introduced one and apparently it's basically economics.

Funny.

Person 1 (Kevin) got first choice, Philosophy.

Person 2 (Meeka) got second choice, Game Theory, their first choice was Philosophy.

Person 3 (Me) got third choice, Theoretical Physics, their first choice was Philosophy and second choice was Game Theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Got my first choice: Criminology :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Game Theory isn't a new course but a re-introduced one and apparently it's basically economics.

It's basically WHAT?

I really wanted Drama but didn't get that :(

Neither did I get my second choice- Criminology :(

I hope Game Theory is good, but I 'm going to try and switch to drama when I get to CTYI, although on the letter it does say CTYI was oversubscribed this year and that they can't facilitate changes right now >.<

Well at least I did get res :)

But dammit no drama ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I got Theoretical Physics, but I reckon I'll change to Philosophy or Game Theory.
    Don't be so quick. Well, if you want to change, go for it, but if you get "stuck" with Theo. Phys. I guarantee you'll enjoy it. The classes are interesting, the homework is light and the teacher is slammin', right Aonghus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

Game Theory isn't a new course but a re-introduced one and apparently it's basically economics.

Economics? Whoops.

I'd stick with Theoretical Physics if I were you, I really enjoyed it last year anyways. [edit - and the teacher is indeed slammin' .. whatever that means. He's hot.]

Got my course confirmation letter today. So what classes and sessions are people doing?

I got my first choice: Philosophy, Session 2. So the third time really was lucky. This confirms what has be suspected for a while: preference is given to nevermores. I guess it's fair.

Make sure to stock up on magic mushrooms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Kev's right, TP is a fantastic course. It's the first choice on my CAO after I did it last year, and I completely recommend it.

And the people saying: "I didn't get my first choice, I got my other one, So I'm going to try and change into my first choice" You're undermining the whole gorram system. The ability to change course exists in case you made a bad choice, not so you can change into the one you didn't get into. It's just stupid. Why put down choices if you don;t want to get them?

Because it was a choice between a course I wouldn't be very happy to do but wouldn't mind, and not putting down a second choice- thereby risking not getting in.

I think I made the right decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sugarplum_fairy

My first choice was International History, but I got my second drama(don't hate me liz!).
    I'm suprised, I would have thought Drama would be much more poular than internat his.
    Anyone know who the drama teacher is? or anyone else who got in for it?

Cliona.

• Advertisement

It's Brona (I think that's her name), the teacher from last year, and the RA from 2004.

Edit: Holy crap! Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm reading the course schedule and am I right in thinking that they've moved Lights Out 30 mins. back? Didn't it used to be at 10:30 p.m.? So now it's Lights Out as soon as we get back to our rooms? That blows! I guess they realised that it caused too much hassle to have an In-Your-Room check followed by a Lights Out check 30 mins. later. We better have 30 mins. less study for this!

yeah, but thats only for the first day. might be differant for the rest of the course. better be!:mad:
    don's in philosophy with you btw.

And what did she teach last year?

Any one go for innovation?

Cool, I like Don.

And what did she teach last year?
    Brona? Drama.

I thought drama was a new course?!

Nope. This is its second year. Last year it was in Session 1, this year it's in Session 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

No, t'ain't new, but it was Sess. 1 last year. I'm in it as well. Drama, in case you're hugely confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

It was in the real session last year, session 1

*dives for cover*

me likes session 1:) , its laid back.

oh hello then, guess ill see you in class!:D

dont suppose you know it was supposed to be any good last year? cos i cant find anyone who did it, damn session 2ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Yeah, it was supposed to be class, really laid back, and Brona's a laugh. You'll enjoy it. You'll have to do a little drama in front of everyone at the end though.

• Advertisement

Coolness:) well thats a relief then.

well i hope if im doing an entire three weeks of drama ill at least be able to handle that by the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PearofAnguish

Gots first choice from last year, Psychology. And res again. Oh frabjous day...and I thought our post was broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

I got my first choice, drama, but noone else that I know got it =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

You'll get to know me. I'm real friendly. I got my first choice too, drama. Wooo. And brona is brilliant...

My first choice was International History, but I got my second drama(don't hate me liz!).
    I'm suprised, I would have thought Drama would be much more poular than internat his.
    Anyone know who the drama teacher is? or anyone else who got in for it?

Cliona.

We'll just have to hope someone from IR wants game theory, then they can have my place, you could have IR and I'd get drama.

Fun all round.

Sounds like a plan liz!!

and emptyspoon, if i do end up in your drama class! you sound nice, cool:)

emptyspoon wrote:
    You'll get to know me. I'm real friendly. I got my first choice too, drama. Wooo. And brona is brilliant...

heh, yay! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Theoretical Physics. Despite not getting in on sciences. Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Got second choice, Electronic Engineering.

And, btw, you guys realise there is no third choice? There's preference, and three alternatives in alphabetical order...

Want TheoPhys, damnit.
    They're mean. This is my last year. HOW DARE THEY CROSS PFM.

Gonna try changing, anyway.

• Advertisement

I think it says in the letter that they won't accept changes because of over booking...

Advertisement