Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What course did you get?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PearofAnguish

It said that last year too...not that I still have that letter or anything...and everybody seemed to be swapping then. Most of them in and out of Spec Fic for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Try is the operative word. No point giving up just 'cause of something a page says. Even if they decide they hate me because of it.. it's my last year, so, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

I got IR :) My 2nd choice & Im a Nevermore too this year:eek: I wanted Crimnology but Ir should be just as good- I only put down 2 choices on my form neway so kinda guaranteed to get one I liked - & Im in Res Thank God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I'd change from TP to Philosophy because I'd want to do it more. They gave you PFM Electronic Engineering cos it's an unpopular course and they have to make up numbers. That happened to me last year and most people changed out of it, the class was left with 11 people I think but they all really enjoyed the course. Play up the Nevermore card and they're bound to relent. Just make sure you ask to change before some-one else in your course because I couldn't move to Philosophy because some-one else in my course asked to change to it before me.

Cliona, you will like Michael, aka. Empty Spoon.

Jen, see you in TP probably!

1. The RA Brona who is the apparent Drama instructor is really sound.

2. Did anyone else notice that we need to inform CTYI in advance of bringing musical instruments? Isn't this the first time we ever had to do that? Also, this;

'Please note, some instruments (for example drum kits) will require
    special permission from the Director of CTYI'

Hmmmmmm.....I wonder how that happened?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*coughcoughPEARCEcough*

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Is anyone else in computer applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yup Probably that Pierce one alright. Never liked the look of him, always seemed dodgy to me.

Nice to see that whips and handcuffs haven't been added to the ban list this year

:)

*cough* not that that means anythnig this year of course ¬.¬

Whips and handcuffs? :eek:

*then she realises that she's on the internet and people don't know her true identity (hehehe)*

:D Oh, yeah!

*ahem* Because I'm NOT sadistic and masochistic and generally perverted- Ask my friends, I swear! On second thoughts, ~don't~ ask my friends...

Anywho, let's move away from me and my weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You gotta tell them that? Never noticed...

Heh. "Sorry, we cannot accept you to the course as you play an INSTRUMENT OF TORTURE."

And, hmm.. Acid Violet.. if we can find someone in Philosophy who wants to change to Elec Eng (highly unlikely) we could do something... *strokes nearby goatee*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I got innovation. Which is in session one, and I really didn't think I'd get it because it wasn't my first choice (nevermore) and all my other choices were s2. So my family booked a holiday for during it and now I don't know what to do...:(

Call them. They might be able to slot you into a class which isn't full. And, next time, don't put down a choice for a session you don't want to do, that was stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Raphael wrote:
    Call them. They might be able to slot you into a class which isn't full. And, next time, don't put down a choice for a session you don't want to do, that was stupid.

You crazy? I doubt there would be anything available. I think they can only have only so many rooms with 3 people too. I've never gone to session 2 now but I've seen loads of people bumped from session 2 to session 1

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

PFM: If you switch, we can be Physics Ninjas! But ElecEng is Physicsy... So I guess we can still be Physics Ninjas. Just not in the same class.

Raphael wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had asked for your judgement. No please, share more!

Flashling wrote:
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had asked for your judgement. No please, share more!

nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jeezie Creezie

I got Science of Tomorrow.

Didn't really want that, it was my third choice and i probably shouldn't have put it down.

My 1st choice was Spec Fic then Drama but now i want to do drama more than spec fic, anyone in drama wanna do SofT?*looks around hopefully**looks disgruntled and walks away*

Judgement? It was advice. Not my goddamn fault you decided it would be a good idea to say "Oh, in case I don't get the course I want, why don't you give me the one for when I'm not in the country?"

carlowboy: I said might, it's pretty much her only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Biomedical Diagnostics Session 1. Do Sesh 1 Flash(ling), then I'll know people!!! Yay!!!!! Oh and Iif you do, I'll call you "Flash" the whole way through. Is Adesina (whose real name I have forgotten yet again :o ) a nevermore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Raphael wrote:
    Kev's right, TP is a fantastic course. It's the first choice on my CAO after I did it last year, and I completely recommend it.

And the people saying: "I didn't get my first choice, I got my other one, So I'm going to try and change into my first choice" You're undermining the whole gorram system. The ability to change course exists in case you made a bad choice, not so you can change into the one you didn't get into. It's just stupid. Why put down choices if you don;t want to get them?

Ehehehe. I watched all of Firefly and Serenity last night. That made me happy. Good work Raph.

• Advertisement

...what?

Edit: Oh, right, gorram. D'oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

J Campion wrote:
    Biomedical Diagnostics Session 1. Do Sesh 1 Flash(ling), then I'll know people!!! Yay!!!!! Oh and Iif you do, I'll call you "Flash" the whole way through. Is Adesina (whose real name I have forgotten yet again :o ) a nevermore?

It's Emma, and no I'm not. :D

Raphael wrote:
    *coughcoughPEARCEcough*
    Piste wrote:
    Yup Probably that Pierce one alright. Never liked the look of him, always seemed dodgy to me.

Come on, it was so obvious it was him that you really didnt need to point it out! Let's just throw Adams at him next time it happens.

Raphael wrote:
    Judgement? It was advice. Not my goddamn fault you decided it would be a good idea to say "Oh, in case I don't get the course I want, why don't you give me the one for when I'm not in the country?"

carlowboy: I said might, it's pretty much her only option.

That was stupid was advice? And I didn't blame you for my mistake, I just didn't know at the time. Why would you try to make me feel worse? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Flashling wrote:
    That was stupid was advice? And I didn't blame you for my mistake, I just didn't know at the time. Why would you try to make me feel worse? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

He's RIGHT! You said you didnt know what to do and out of genuine concern he told you to call them because that was really your only hope. You can go on boards and moan and look for sympathy and wallow and not try to solve this problem or you can phone up Colm, explain to him the problem and see what the best he can do is. He's really considerate and they'll try to solve your problem. Also, last year some girl from Cork sent her application form late and she got on to Colm and went into the adjacent Res because it was the best they could do for her. It was pretty stupid to apply for a session you couldn't go to, but so stupid that I don't think you knew you wouldn't be around for it. Go do something about it, there is still much hope yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

He's really considerate...
    Aye, he's a fair bloke.

I found out that a friend of mine is doing Electronic Engineering in Session 2 this year. I didn't even know she had applied. You know here Liz. The girl who got Serafina Pekala.

J Campion, I'm in session 1. And I don't know if I know anyone going to it...*alone*.....Okie, self-pity over now.

(^_^)~Shaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They try shunt women into ElecEng if at all possible, as it's such a sausagefest course. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Also, last year some girl from Cork sent her application form late and she got on to Colm and went into the adjacent Res because it was the best they could do for her.
    Roisin Braddel-Dempsey, I believe. And she was in the sports centre until someone wandered off. Then she was put on my corridor, and ate my cookies.

• Advertisement

J Campion, I'm in session 1. And I don't know if I know anyone going to it...*alone*.....Okie, self-pity over now.

(^_^)~Shaz.

I shall be there. You'll probably know me as the oldest person there, quite quiet at the start and gradually getting louder and of course hungover after oxegen on the last Monday. See you there! :D

Advertisement