Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new 2006 Mobile Advertising Truck

Options
  • 04-05-2006 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi All:

I am a new member to boards ie,and would like to know if any members work in outdoor advertising.
    My job is National Sales Director for a company who sell scrolling mobile billboard trucks (www.limeads.com) if you would like to take a look at the website.

It would be great to hear your comments on the truck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Are they not a little bit dangerous - especially back-lit at night!!

Some craic speeding down the M50, everyone on the other side rubbernecking as the board changes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mroutdoor

They are safe as you would not speed down the M50,as you could have them in slow traffic and parked up and major sporting events and shows etc.

Also you have a timer that will let you control the speed that each billboard would change ie 8-99 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Only kiddin!!

Interesting idea - I take it these are in use in the States?
    Reminds me of those 'scrolling hoardings' at football grounds..

Interesting to see how advertising is becoming more and more prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I wonder what laws they would be subject to regarding moving images that might distract drivers. Maybe none as there are video screens by roadsides in some parts of Ireland. Interesting product though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I think this is a very good idea.any update on prices.Thanks

• Advertisement

The cost per truck is $90,000

What do you think of the picture of the truck?

Mroutdoor wrote:
    The cost per truck is $90,000
    It looks like a good product but how do you work out what to charge? What kind of rates are typical of a city the size of Dublin?

yes it is a great idea but price is expensive i think.also is there anyone in ireland thats already bought one to start advertising on.

You could sell the space for 80 Euro per day per billboard plus printing, and with 60 billboards on each truck that would be 4800 Euro per day.

I have not sold any in Ireland ,as i when i receive my demo truck in the UK i will take it over to Ireland to show to customers.

• Advertisement

is there none made yet.how do you get 60 billboards on the truck a day.:cool:

€80 per day stricks me as too little whereas 60 billboards a day stricks me as too much. If you want anyone here to be interested you're going to have to pour on a little less gravy and let us see the meat and veg.

frobisher wrote:
    €80 per day stricks me as too little whereas 60 billboards a day stricks me as too much. If you want anyone here to be interested you're going to have to pour on a little less gravy and let us see the meat and veg.

yes you are right.

Regarding the questions

1 The 80 Euro per day was just a sample rate so you could see what money could be made from operating the truck.In London i would sell at £100-150 per day plus printing.

2 You say that 60 billboards is to much, but as i said you would only operate 30 on the daytime operation 10 on each side and 10 on the back.Then for the night operation you would operate 30 new billboards.
    They are on a roll that can take 20 on each side and 20 on the back,so when the driver needs to change the billboards he can do this from the cab.

3 The trucks operate in the USA at this point in time,and my job is to sell outside the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Hi MrOutdoor,

I'm happy for the discussion of your project to continue, and for you to answer questions on it, but much rather you answer them here than ask people to ring you, so that they talk to you in private.

Yes we can carry on here , no need to phone me.

Mroutdoor wrote:
    Yes we can carry on here , no need to phone me.

Why donot you want anyone to call you?:cool:

I do not understand why, but as you can see from the message from Culchie he would like this to carry on here and for people not to phone me.

What are the rules regarding people contacting me direct,as i will just go with the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Mroutdoor wrote:
    I do not understand why, but as you can see from the message from Culchie he would like this to carry on here and for people not to phone me.

What are the rules regarding people contacting me direct,as i will just go with the flow.

If anyone wishes to phone you, then surely they can use the PM facility to swap phone numbers etc... or go to the website etc...

What I meant was that if posters have questions that are posted here, it is far better to answer them here, rather than tell them to ring you.

This is a discussion forum.

Thanks i know understand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

What do you just drive these around a city all day? Buses do that.

Skyuser wrote:
    What do you just drive these around a city all day? Buses do that.

yes whats different is just the truck.other than that there buses and trucks with advertising on them already.

What bus has a 60 scrolling billboard system with the biilboards that light up in the night.Also you can park this at trade shows etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Mroutdoor wrote:
    Also you can park this at trade shows etc
    :eek: You can park it ?? Get outa town !!! :p

Unlike a bus, you can put your message where you want it, when you want it, ensuring the audience you want to attract is targeted. By being completely mobile we can place your advertisement in high profile locations where your audience are or your competitors operate, such as main routes into towns, busy carriageways and shopping centres. There is no doubt that when faced with this advertising truck, people will see it and will read it!

mr outdoor, good luck with sales.and hope it works out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

60 posters on a scrolling unit is something i'd like to see. I know a standard scrolling unit only holds 4 and even with 4 it can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Mr Outdoor, Mobil’Affiche are already active in Dublin with the same sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Mr Outdoor, Mobil’Affiche are already active in Dublin with the same sort of thing.
    Welcome to the free market! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement