Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something like Nip/Tuck , Desp housewives

• 04-05-2006 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

The missus and I really like Nip/Tuck and Desperate Housewives. Is there any other similar series out there people could recommend. I didn't like the look of Lost (monsters running around the woods). We want a good comedy/drama mix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Six Feet Under is excellent..morbid,but excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

SFU kicks the a*ses of Nip Tuck/Desperate Housewives. Veronica Mars is great, hard to describe properly, but it is great comedy drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Grey's Anatomy is pretty good, think it's coming to rte2 soon. It's on Five tonight around 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

You need to watch Prison Break Mr. It starts on RTÉ soon enough but I am watching it at US pace and it is the dog's bollocks. I may even give someone a heart attack out there and say.It's better than LOST

So remember what I said PRISON BREAK.
    Get it in your head and watch it Prison Break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

If you are looking for comedy Arrested Development is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

The missus and I really like Nip/Tuck and Desperate Housewives.

She was standing over you, forcing you to type that, wasn't she? :D

I mean seriously, come on, what fella actually watches that kind of shíte?

Bet she used to force you to watch that 'Sex & The City' crap as well, didn't she? :D

You need to sit her down and make her watch the first couple of series' of '24' over an entire weekend or something. Ween her off all that girlie bullshít and show her who wears the pants in your house! ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

caught bits of prison break on uk tv 5 and if it didnt clash with lost id definatly be watching it. Good to hear rte are gonna run it soon :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭johnniekipper

She was standing over you, forcing you to type that, wasn't she? :D

I mean seriously, come on, what fella actually watches that kind of shíte?

Bet she used to force you to watch that 'Sex & The City' crap as well, didn't she? :D

You need to sit her down and make her watch the first couple of series' of '24' over an entire weekend or something. Ween her off all that girlie bullshít and show her who wears the pants in your house! ;):D

Nip/Tuck isn't girlie. Its all about fellas shagging loads of women, Can't get more manly than that :)

Yes, I admit watching Desperate Housewifes is quite girly, but aren't we men supposed to be getting in touch with our feminine sides ?

As for Sex and the city, even I'm not THAT gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Nip/Tuck isn't girlie. Its all about fellas shagging loads of women

Really? Hmmm, maybe I might have to give it a look after all, then! ;):D
    Yes, I admit watching Desperate Housewifes is quite girly, but aren't we men supposed to be getting in touch with our feminine sides?

Only when you're trying to get them into bed, mate. ;) Then again, maybe that's the method behind your madness in watching it with the missus, eh? Ya sly fecker! ;):D
    As for Sex and the city, even I'm not THAT gay.

Glad to hear it! You'd have to be a benny to watch that shíte voluntarily, wouldn't you? :D

Back on topic, people seem to be raving about this 'Prison Break' show so I might give it a look when it starts on RTE.

Advertisement