Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucd Afc

Options
  • 04-05-2006 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Was just wondering if anybody here goes to UCD soccer games? I've been to a few matches myself but don't go too often because I'm usually at home in Kildare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Been to belfield park a few times (when shamrock rovers are playing away games against UCD). g`wan the hoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Oh yeah the Hoops, that mighty 1st Division team without their own stadium! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Well at least we`ve a better chance of actually winning something this year than UCD do :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I remember my first day in UCD (THE sept 11th!) Dave Fanning giving some sort of rant about how we should go support UCD soccer team etc etc.
    Have supported the gaa teams a few time and the rugby team twice but just not a soccer sorta girl really (cept for a brief period in 1990)

Do many go to these games??Are the players paid or are the all poor students? And more importantly do any of them look like Becham or that hot french player(lundernberg or something?) cos I may go supprt if they do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Well at least we`ve a better chance of actually winning something this year than UCD do :P
    League Cup and first division don't count.
    panda100 wrote:
    And more importantly do any of them look like Becham
    Rumour has it that Alan Cawley (a midfielder) askes to be called Becks by his teammates.

If anyone is along on Saturday may I recommend that you purchase a copy of the fine supporters' club publication "Student Till I Graduate" featuring a top article on sports grants by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The only football that matters in UCD occurs when the Flip Flops are on the pitch in the Super League. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

panda100 wrote:
    that hot french player(lundernberg or something?)

Ljunberg = swedish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Ljungberg. :p Mwahahahaha.

Myself and p_larkin99 have been there a couple of times, striding out on the hallowed turf...

Feck, i corrected someone wrongly....god sake....

Oh ye we've played in Belfield Park (allowed of course :rolleyes: ) I remember watching a couple of games there last season from the Merville wall, he he.....would have gone to see Sweden train too if i'd have known they'd b there, watching Larsson and Ibrahimovic train!!!

It's no Theatre of Dreams though.....

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Ljunberg = swedish :D

French,swede he's still hot!!And all we have is damien duff.........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Heh, never been to Belfield Park. I'm a Shels fan tho, been to Tolka loads of times and probably will go there many more times in the future.

Oddly, a mate of mine goes to see every game The Students play - and he's not even in UCD! They're just his local team so he supports them (he's footie-mad, y'see) and fair play to him. But I do find it funny that one of the few ppl who bothers their arse going to watch UCD never even attended college here.

He was a Trinners boy, FFS!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Been to watch a few games at Belfield Park supporting Shelbourne and all I'll say is thanks christ they're moving coz the ground is a kip! They're supposedly meant to be moving into a redeveloped Belfield Bowl for 2007 but I have not seen an ounce of redevelopment of that ground as of yet and it will neeed to start very soon. With the FAI doing a Pop Idol manufacturing job of domestic soccer next season with non-footballing factors such as facilities (that's why they have to move into Belfeild Bowl) and maketability (insane isn't it) determining who goes into which league things are looking bleak for UCD FC. They're a credit to domestic football, financially stable, produce young talent (Quigley and Dicker in Irish u21 squad again), I hope they aren't relegated because of any ground situation or ridiculous marketability factors.

and no, ther's no Beckhams or Ljungbergs in their team! :p

and no, ther's no Beckhams or Ljungbergs in their team! :p
    Whay? Don't let Damo Dupey or Gary Dicker hear you say that!

Seriously though, there was some good skills to be seen in the recent match against Longford.

what on earth is going on in those pictures.......the team in white look like there in really good shaape and very fit......is that UCD??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ljungberg. :p Mwahahahaha.

Myself and p_larkin99 have been there a couple of times, striding out on the hallowed turf...

It is Ljunberg, not Ljungberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

fullstop wrote:
    Nope it's Ljungberg. Anyway, can't believe Drogheda finally lost to Shelbourne of all teams... :p

Samos wrote:
    Anyway, can't believe Drogheda finally lost to Shelbourne of all teams... :p
    Whatever about that, I can't believe that a National League team negotiated a property deal without loosing all their money.

Samos wrote:
    Nope it's Ljungberg.
    fullstop wrote:

Freddie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Freddie?

Fredrik!

Samos wrote:
    Fredrik!

Only took 7 mins!!

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote:

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Romeo and Juliet is that?

And more like a weed!

UCD 3 - 0 Sligo

Scorers? You go to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Are they third or fourth in the league now then?

elmyra wrote:
    Are they third or fourth in the league now then?

:eek:

They're in the Eircom Prem League (the v top!)

p_larkin99 wrote:
    :eek:

They're in the Eircom Prem League (the v top!)

I know they're in the Eircom Premier League, I was asking did today's result leave them 3rd or 4th? They're not at the very top of it.

elmyra wrote:
    I know they're in the Eircom Premier League, I was asking did today's result leave them 3rd or 4th? They're not at the very top of it.

Ha ha, pissin meself...totally misread ur first post, my bad (again!)

I really should read more carefully!

Oooohhh.....you thought I was being a silly girl didn't ya? Shame on you!!

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    Oooohhh.....you thought I was being a silly girl didn't ya? Shame on you!!

He he, that wasn't the first thing that came into my head at all :rolleyes:

Advertisement