Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon not shipping to Ireland?

• 04-05-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I tried buying a pair of headphones there too and my address stopped me from buying them.

Few people i know couldn't buy electronics stuff from them either because of their Irish addresses

Anyone know why they changed their shipping rules?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I think other companies use Amazon to sell their products and they sometimes apply their own shipping terms and conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Its as digitaldr said, Amazon sells products for other companies, if the third party dont ship out of the UK then your are stuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

They certainly don't supply any kind of large electronic goods (e.g. TVs over a certain size) to Ireland (even on shopireland.ie) , but for headphones I'd guess it's down to the supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

MOH wrote:
    They certainly don't supply any kind of large electronic goods (e.g. TVs over a certain size) to Ireland (even on shopireland.ie) , but for headphones I'd guess it's down to the supplier.
    That must have changed - I bought a DVD surround sound system from them about 2 years ago. That was amazon.co.uk.

Ro

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, for reasons unknown, they've changed their policies:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/524836/ref=cs_hd_lp_5/026-8462836-2101214#electric

I'll be buying a lot less from there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Another post about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

ShopIreland is just Amazon with the prices converted to euro.

byte wrote:
    Yes, for reasons unknown, they've changed their policies:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/524836/ref=cs_hd_lp_5/026-8462836-2101214#electric

I'll be buying a lot less from there now.

Just saw in today's IT it's because of the WEEE directive, since they're now supposed to take back old electrical equipment when supplying new stuff. They're in talks with the Government to try to sort it out, so it should be a temporary thing.

But this could start being a problem with other foreign online suppliers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

MOH wrote:
    But this could start being a problem with other foreign online suppliers :(

Good point, it doesn't apply to just foreign online stores though, any online business would have difficultly adhering to the WEEE directive, if they are obliged to accept your old electrical items this may prove very problamatic, unless of course they allow you to post your old items back at your own expense.

With the WEEE directive being implemented Europe wide it will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement