Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance question

Options
  • 04-05-2006 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

My insurance payment is quite (very) high at the minute.. (£150 per month for a Clio). i want to lower it.

I bought my own car (insuranced under my name) after 6 months of passing the test... hence the insurance being soo high..

I have been driving for over a year now..but still under the current insurance contact.. (6 months to go @ £150 per month)

Can I ask the insurance company - lower the monthly payment as I have been driving for over a year... by undating my details? or do I have to wait until the 1 years insurance is under before challenging the insurance cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You accepted the policy and its cost when you took it out. If you cancel now, you will not get any NCB credit for the policy.
    Stick it out and when it comes time for renewal spend a while ringing every number in the book!
    Oh and the insurance company will not give you money off because you are celebrating some kind of driving anniversary!

Advertisement