Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 120E too much for accommodation in Dublin???

Options
  • 04-05-2006 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm headed up to Dublin working and have been looking accommodation, anyway my friend thinks 120E is far too much to pay per week for single room sharing a house with 4 others?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Per month?? Seems like a bargain to me... Suppose it might depend on where house it, condition etc..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

€120 a MONTH? It would not be unusual to pay that a week. Did you mean a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 claireshm

LOL silly me yeah i meant per week for a house in D6:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I dunno, that sounds about right, not *too* expensive, but you could certainly do better, most people I know seem to be paying 300-450 per month (sharing with between 3 and 5 others in a house)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

So that would be about €2400 per month? For a 4/5 bed house? In D6.

Nope, doesn't sound particularly expensive to me.

Why not take a look at Daft.ie to see the going rate. A quick look there brings up a couple of houses in D6 at around €2200. Seems pretty average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

claireshm wrote:
    I'm headed up to Dublin working and have been looking accommodation, anyway my friend thinks 120E is far too much to pay per week for single room sharing a house with 4 others?????

Sounds a bit much to me for a single room. That works out at 520 a month.
    I've rented out double room in D7 for 450 euro before and that was sharing
    a large house with two others. Whereabouts in D6 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i pay 118 a week for a single room in a two-bed flat in D6. you're paying for the area really. i like my flat and i love the area, so I think it's worth it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

€120 a week is pretty average for a single room in D6. If you like the state of the place and think you'll get on with the people, then sounds like it's a good enough deal.

I don't know how well you know Dublin, but D6 is one of the most expensive areas. However it's near the city centre and has great amenities, I'd give my right arm to own a family house there. (Unfortunately my right arm is not worth €2million.)

Take a look on daft.ie and compare it to what else is out there, but if you like the place dont leave it too long to decide or it may be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

120 per week is too much to pay.

Should be around 400, max 420 per month - it is a single room after all.

You can definitely get better than that. D6 is full of flats, bedsits and shared houses. Keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I pay 350 a month for a double room in D6. I have friends also renting in the area and 400 - 450 seems average for a double room in a nice place. 120 a week is too much for a single room, shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Whatever about it being expensive for a single room, it is certainly too expensive for a single room if you are sharing with 4 or 5 other people. Regardless of location, 480/500 euro a month should get you a single room in a house with no more than 2/3 people. As has been said, you're better off looking on daft.ie.

Advertisement